Operations – Finance
Q1 - What is the job title for this role?
Q2 - Why is this role important to the organization?
The Senior Accountant is a critical member of the accounting operations team responsible for a variety of operational accounting duties. This individual will be heavily involved in the month-end close process, procure to pay processes, accounting and other financial systems, the annual audit and accounting policies, procedures and controls. The Senior Accountant will leverage subject matter expertise in GAAP to account for changes in iZotope’s growing operations, new accounting standards, and one-time transactions, as applicable.
Q3 - What are the primary activities that this person will do on a frequent basis?
• Month-end closing activities and daily accounting transactions
• Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
• Assist with tax related matters, including tax filings, sales tax audits, and various tax information requests
• Maintain proper accounting of all inventory transactions
• Maintain compliance with accounting standards and regulations and participate in various audits
• Perform technical accounting research and analysis. Work closely with the Senior Manager of Accounting to document policies and conclusions
• Analyze and identify unusual trends or erroneous entries, and verifies accuracy of transactions and balances
• Play key role in establishing and implementing effective accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls
• Work closely with the FP&A team in identifying and resolving budget to actual variances
• Special projects as identified
Q4 - How seasoned does this person need to be?
3+ years of accounting work experience
Q5 - What other experience/skills would be helpful in this role?
• Experience using NetSuite or similar ERP systems
• Experience working in and thriving in high-speed, dynamic work environments
• Ability to work with remote and global team members
• Strong time management skills
Q6 - Does this role have any educational or professional certification requirements?
Yes; Bachelor's degree in Accounting
Q7 - Will this person manage or lead anyone?
Not presently, but opportunities for growth certainly exist.
Q8 - What does success look like for this role?
Developing into a self-motivated, independent and proactive member of the finance team. Efficiently completing month-end close activities and reporting that leadership and external parties can count on. This individual would become a subject matter expert in accounting standards as applicable to the Company. Finally, someone that would be able to grow along with iZotope and be ready for the new challenges and opportunities that come with a growing tech company!
Q9 - What is the job title for the manager of this role?
Senior Manager of Accounting
Q10 - What location(s) are we open to hiring this role in?
What’s it like to work at iZotope?
We’re the leaders in intelligent audio production and you’ll see that all iZotopians have a passion for what we do. Our company, our market and our customers are growing fast. This means all iZotope employees are engaged in interesting and challenging work. We have the opportunity to try new and different things and lots of room for career enrichment. We work with exceptional colleagues and foster an environment that empowers those closest to the work to make decisions and provide each other the support to move quickly and learn as we go. iZotope combines the excitement and pace of a startup with the stability and work/life balance of a market leader. Plus, it’s really cool to work for a company in the music and film industry!