Remote (EST) /
Operations – Finance /
At iZotope, we’re obsessed with great sound. Our intelligent audio technology helps musicians, music producers, and audio post engineers focus on their craft rather than the tech behind it. We design award-winning software, plug-ins, hardware, and mobile apps powered by the highest quality audio processing, machine learning, and strikingly intuitive interfaces. iZotope: the shortest path from sound to emotion.
iZotope is part of Soundwide, whose mission is to make music and audio creation a more joyful and inspiring experience for creators everywhere by helping them to find, and stay in, their creative flow. Soundwide’s collective vision is to inspire and empower creators to express themselves and reimagine the future of sound.
The Senior Accountant is a critical member of the accounting operations team responsible for a variety of operational accounting duties. This individual will be heavily involved in the month-end close process, procure to pay processes, accounting and other financial systems, the annual audit and accounting policies, procedures and controls. The Senior Accountant will leverage subject matter expertise in GAAP to account for changes in iZotope’s growing operations, new accounting standards, and one-time transactions, as applicable.
The right person will be a self-motivated, independent and proactive member of the finance team. They will efficiently complete month-end close activities and reporting that leadership and external parties can count on. This individual would become a subject matter expert in accounting standards as applicable to the Company. Finally, someone that would be able to grow along with iZotope and be ready for the new challenges and opportunities that come with a growing tech company!
- Month-end closing activities and daily accounting transactions
- Assist in preparation of annual financial statements
- Assist with tax related matters, including tax filings, sales tax audits, and various tax information requests
- Maintain compliance with accounting standards and regulations and participate in various audits
- Perform technical accounting research and analysis. Work closely with the Controller to document policies and conclusions
- Analyze and identify unusual trends or erroneous entries, and verifies accuracy of transactions and balances
- Play key role in establishing and implementing effective accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Work closely with payroll to ensure all payroll and benefits are recorded accurately in the financial statements
- Work closely with the FP&A team in identifying and resolving budget to actual variances
- Special projects as identified
- 3+ years of accounting work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related professional experience
You May Have:
- Experience using NetSuite, Oracle, or similar ERP systems
- Experience working in and thriving in high-speed, dynamic work environments
- Ability to work with remote and global team members
- Strong time management skills
- Wellbeing- We provide Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, and Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Mental Health- Subscription to the Calm Meditation App and access to Virtual Online Therapy are available for all iZotopians
- Remote Equal- We offer remote flexibility for all our employees, no matter where they’re located. We’ll also have our US HQ in downtown Boston, so folks have a place to go if they want a space to collaborate with team members.Our employees receive monthly stipends to help with home office expenses as well as a WFH reimbursement for you to purchase any additional supplies
- Continuous learning- Tuition Assistance and Professional Development opportunities for those seeking to further their learning
- Flexible PTO- We offer a Flexible PTO plan along with Sick Days and 19 paid holidays throughout the year
- Parental Leave- 100% Paid Parental Leave with up to 12 weeks off for birth parents and 6 weeks for non-birth parents which can be taken consecutively or intermittently to fit what works best for a growing family's needs
- Employee Investment- We offer a 401k plan with employer match and annual market adjustments
- Complimentary Software- Access to iZotope software and complimentary passes to share with friends and family, and industry discounts
We have a thoughtful approach when it comes to compensation. Towards the end of each interview process, we create customized compensation reports based off of skill, years of experience, geographic location, and other factors driven by market research. Specific details may be discussed during the initial call with the Talent Acquisition Partner. Market data for those residing in Colorado suggests this position’s compensation would start at $80k based off of geographic location and skill level. Upon assessment of the individual’s experience an exact amount will be determined.
iZotope is a Soundwide company; together we embrace diversity and a respect for all people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we believe the foundation of our dynamic and pioneering spirit starts with a fair and inclusive culture. At Soundwide we strive to embrace teamwork and passion, deliver inspiring experiences, continuously innovate and empower our communities, while also serving our planet.
All applicants will receive equal consideration for employment at iZotope and we encourage everyone to apply – regardless of gender identity, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Help us reach our goal in making the future of music diverse, inclusive and exciting! We encourage you to submit your application without the requirement for a photograph, identifying factors or personal status information.