Software Engineer (Android)
Research & Development – Spire
iZotope is seeking an Android Software Engineer for a position on our Spire product development team, creating the next generation recording studio. You’ll be joining a cross-functional software team responsible for the software running on the Spire Studio hardware device and our iOS/Android Spire applications. Your focus area will be the Spire Android application but expect to learn and help out on other platforms to reach our product goals.
The Spire software team is highly collaborative with a passion for high-quality code. We propose changes and solve problems together in whiteboard design sessions, give and receive feedback in detailed code reviews, and discuss testing details with our QA team. But what ultimately drives our work is our customers. We believe that everyone on the team should understand why we are building a feature or improving a user experience. Besides designing and writing code, expect to learn about our users to help us make informed decisions every day. You don’t need to be knowledgeable about audio production, but a passion to help our users is a must.
At iZotope you'll find an employee-focused work environment with flexible hours, great 401(k) and insurance plans, and a fully functioning recording studio that you can use after hours!
What You'll Be Doing:
- Collaborating with the software and hardware development teams to implement new features and fix bugs in the entire Spire ecosystem (Android, iOS, and Spire Studio).
- Working with other Android focused engineers to develop and follow best practices for Android/Kotlin development.
- Maintaining a high-quality product through writing clean, clear code and high participation in code reviews.
- Willing and excited to learn about new technologies, platforms, and programming languages to tackle difficult problems and improve the entire Spire experience.
What You Will Need:
- Proficiency in Kotlin.
- Solid understanding of the Android ecosystem.
- Knowledge of test-driven development, unit testing, or similar testing methodologies.
- Working knowledge of architectures, trends, and emerging technologies in mobile and general software development.
- Good verbal and written communication skills for a collaborative environment.
- 3+ years on complex Android applications.
- Experience with MVVM and the Android Architecture Components.
- Experience developing for connected/smart devices and network programming.
- Experience with distributed messaging systems, such as ZeroMQ.
- Working knowledge of C++.
- Working knowledge of iOS and Swift.
- Additional experience in web and cloud technologies.
- Experience with continuous delivery on mobile platforms.
- A passion for music and recording.
What’s it like to work at iZotope?
We’re the leaders in intelligent audio production and you’ll see that all iZotopians have a passion for what we do. Our company, our market and our customers are growing fast. This means all iZotope employees are engaged in interesting and challenging work. We have the opportunity to try new and different things and lots of room for career enrichment. We work with exceptional colleagues and foster an environment that empowers those closest to the work to make decisions and provide each other the support to move quickly and learn as we go. iZotope combines the excitement and pace of a startup with the stability and work/life balance of a market leader. Plus, it’s really cool to work for a company in the music and film industry!