Research & Development – Cloud
We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join our team focused on developing cloud-based services to expand the reach and capabilities of our award-winning audio applications.. No two days are alike at iZotope and we thrive on it. We transform our passion for audio into innovations in the way we create and listen to sound.
Qualified applicants should have in-depth knowledge and demonstrable experience designing, developing and maintaining production Web applications with large user bases, a passion for clean, elegant software design and a desire to work with new technologies. A passion for music and digital audio technology is a plus.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design, prototype, develop and deliver cloud services that support iZotope software products.
- Develop and maintain software architecture for exposing product-specific functionality as stable, composable microservices.
- Improve, maintain, streamline, refactor and re-architect cloud service code to maintain a state-of-the art foundation for our products
- Work closely with IT to design, implement, maintain and evangelize modern devOps and continuous integration practices for cloud services.
- Work closely with Product Management, UX and QA to define, understand and realize product requirements
- Develop web-based offerings that expand the reach and capabilities of our suite of audio products
- 3 or more years of experience developing production-quality Web services and Web applications with modern web technology stacks.
- 2 or more years experience building and deploying software on Amazon Web Services (preferred), Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure.
- BS Computer Science, Electrical Engineering. MS degree a plus.
- Exceptional engineering skills, designs for quality, expert problem solver, strong analytical skills
- Solid understanding of design patterns, software frameworks, devOps, continuous integration, and unit testing.
- Self-directed, detail-oriented, able to learn new technologies and work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player and able to work collaboratively with other developers, QA, Product Managers, UX Designers
- Experience with--and interest in--container platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with C/C++ development
- Skilled with multithreading, concurrency and inter-process communication protocols and techniques
- Experience using and/or developing audio plugins a plus
- Familiarity with database design and development
- Familiarity with continuous integration environment and tools (e.g., Bamboo, BitBucket, Travis, CircleCI, GitHub, etc.)
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies
What’s it like to work at iZotope?
We’re the leaders in intelligent audio production and you’ll see that all iZotopians have a passion for what we do. Our company, our market and our customers are growing fast. This means all iZotope employees are engaged in interesting and challenging work. We have the opportunity to try new and different things and lots of room for career enrichment. We work with exceptional colleagues and foster an environment that empowers those closest to the work to make decisions and provide each other the support to move quickly and learn as we go. iZotope combines the excitement and pace of a startup with the stability and work/life balance of a market leader. Plus, it’s really cool to work for a company in the music and film industry!