Senior Software Engineer
R&D – Software Plug-ins
We are seeking a highly motivated individual for a software development position focused on developing audio applications and plug-ins for sound designers, musicians and audio production professionals. No two days are alike at iZotope and we thrive on it - we transform our passion for audio into innovations in the way we create and listen to sound.
Qualified applicants should have in-depth knowledge and demonstrable experience designing, developing and debugging software in C/C++ for Windows and Mac and a passion for music and audio technology. The ideal candidate would have prior experience developing audio plugins and/or virtual instruments and be familiar with trends in the audio industry.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with product management, UX and sound designers, and QA to define, understand and realize product requirements
- Design, prototype, develop and deliver new audio products in C/C++
- Maintain and upgrade existing audio products written in C/C++
- Contribute to improvements, refactoring and re-architecture of the application and UI framework, to maintain state-of-the art foundation for our products
- 6 or more years of experience developing efficient, reusable and reliable C/C++ code for production-quality products
- BS Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent. MS degree a plus.
- Exceptional engineering skills, designs for quality, expert problem solver, strong analytical skills
- Solid understanding of design patterns, software frameworks, performance optimization, unit testing approaches and test-driven development
- Self-directed, detail-oriented, able to learn new technologies and work independently
- Experience as a technical leader and/or coach to other software developers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player and able to work collaboratively with other engineers, QA, Product Managers, UX Designers, Sound Designers
- Experience using and/or developing audio plugin SDKs
- Experience with cross-platform development using Microsoft Visual Studio, Apple Xcode, Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration environment and tools (e.g., Bamboo, Stash, etc.)
- Working knowledge or exposure to DSP and audio signal processing algorithms a plus
- Working knowledge or exposure to Python & Python tools for scientific computing and machine learning
- Experience with authorization tools (e.g., PACE or similar), code signing tools (e.g., OSX codesign, Verisign or equivalent), installers (e.g., BitRock, Inno, PackageMaker, InstallShield)
- Familiarity with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Experience with mobile and/or web application development a plus
This position is located in our Berlin office. Must be authorized to work in Germany.
What’s it like to work at iZotope?
We’re the leaders in intelligent audio production and you’ll see that all iZotopians have a passion for what we do. Our company, our market and our customers are growing fast. This means all iZotope employees are engaged in interesting and challenging work. We have the opportunity to try new and different things and lots of room for career enrichment. We work with exceptional colleagues and foster an environment that empowers those closest to the work to make decisions and provide each other the support to move quickly and learn as we go. iZotope combines the excitement and pace of a startup with the stability and work/life balance of a market leader. Plus, it’s really cool to work for a company in the music and film industry!