Build and Tools Engineer
R&D – Software Plug-ins
iZotope is seeking a highly motivated Build and Tools Engineer to improve, maintain and automate our build and release infrastructure and continuous integration system. You will work closely with an incredible engineering team working to deliver exciting cutting edge audio products. You will also build and maintain tooling for product installer processes as well as providing critical support to our engineering and quality assurance teams. Qualified applicants should have demonstrable experience working with configuration management systems. Candidates should be capable of integrating 3rd party tools as well as implementing custom functionality into the build/release process to support the needs of iZotope Engineering and Quality Assurance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Development and maintenance of automated continuous development / continuous delivery systems
- Improvement and maintenance of product installer processes
- Building and maintaining custom tools to streamline product development and release processes
- Working with engineering, quality assurance, and IT/Operations teams to provide build/release support for multiple product releases for a variety of platforms including desktop, mobile, embedded and cloud
- Implementing tools for metrics gathering and status reporting
- Troubleshooting build, test, packaging and installation issues
- Staying current on industry trends in build and release management
- 3 or more years experience working in a production environment
- A passion for DevOps, build and release, and configuration management practices, including branch-based development and patch-oriented workflows
- Knowledge of 3rd party build systems (e.g. Bamboo, Jenkins, or equivalent)
- Experience in Python or similar scripting language
- Demonstrable experience with software development environments, build utilities, DevOps tools
- Experience with software version control systems (e.g. GIT) and bug trackers (e.g. Jira)
- Exposure to tools such as AWS technologies, Ansible, Visual Studio, Xcode, Make, Docker, VMWare, Rake is a plus
DevOps at iZotope involves working with code signing tools (OSX codesign, Verisign), authorization tools (PACE), audio software and audio plugins, all in an agile
This opportunity is a full-time position located in our Cambridge, MA office. Must be authorized to work in the United States.
What’s it like to work at iZotope?
We’re the leaders in intelligent audio production and you’ll see that all iZotopians have a passion for what we do. Our company, our market and our customers are growing fast. This means all iZotope employees are engaged in interesting and challenging work. We have the opportunity to try new and different things and lots of room for career enrichment. We work with exceptional colleagues and foster an environment that empowers those closest to the work to make decisions and provide each other the support to move quickly and learn as we go. iZotope combines the excitement and pace of a startup with the stability and work/life balance of a market leader. Plus, it’s really cool to work for a company in the music and film industry!