Senior UI/UX Engineer
R&D – Cloud
We are seeking an experienced front end engineer to join our team focused on developing cloud-based services to expand the reach and capabilities of our award-winning audio applications. No two days are alike at iZotope and we thrive on it. We transform our passion for audio into innovations in the way we create and listen to sound.
Qualified applicants should have in-depth knowledge and demonstrable experience designing, developing and maintaining production Web front-ends with large user bases, a passion for clean, elegant software design and a desire to work with new technologies. A passion for music and digital audio technology is a plus.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design, prototype, develop and deliver front-ends for cloud services that support iZotope software products.
- Develop and maintain software architecture to provide reusable UX components for a consistent experience across multiple products.
- Improve, maintain, streamline, refactor and re -architect front-end code to maintain a state -of -the art foundation for our products
- Work closely with the Cloud team to design, implement, maintain and evangelize modern DevOps and continuous integration practices.
- Work closely with Product Management and Design to define, understand and realize product requirements
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or similar technical degree
- 5+ years software development experience including best practices and writing clear maintainable code
- Proficient with the web application build process including webpack, linters, pre / post css processors, unit testing, end-to-end testing, and deployment
- Ability to solve and troubleshoot performance or technical issues such as DOM leaks, state management errors, and efficient page load
- Ability to produce responsive and adaptive designs using best practices to accommodate various devices
- Experience building and deploying software on Amazon Web Services (preferred), Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure.
- Exceptional engineering skills, designs for quality, expert problem solver, strong analytical skills
- Solid understanding of design patterns, software frameworks, devOps, continuous integration, and unit testing.
- Self-directed, detail-oriented, able to learn new technologies and work independently
- Experience as a technical leader and/or coach to other software developers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Component Driven Development methodologies such as Storybookjs
- Experience with GraphQL, websockets, and subscription technologies for modern UI experiences
- Experience developing systems with complex visualization requirements
- Experience with WebAudio
- Experience building cross-platform desktop apps with Electron
- Curious about learning new languages and frameworks
What’s it like to work at iZotope?
We’re the leaders in intelligent audio production and you’ll see that all iZotopians have a passion for what we do. Our company, our market and our customers are growing fast. This means all iZotope employees are engaged in interesting and challenging work. We have the opportunity to try new and different things and lots of room for career enrichment. We work with exceptional colleagues and foster an environment that empowers those closest to the work to make decisions and provide each other the support to move quickly and learn as we go. iZotope combines the excitement and pace of a startup with the stability and work/life balance of a market leader. Plus, it’s really cool to work for a company in the music and film industry!