Quality Assurance Engineer
Research & Development – Software Plug-ins
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring that iZotope’s products are tested and released with the highest quality.
- Develop in-depth expertise of iZotope’s products in order to most effectively test changes or new functionality.
- Work closely with Software Development and Product Management to understand the testing requirements for new feature development.
- Create, execute and maintain functional, system, integration, and regression test cases using both manual and automated methods.
- Find, log and verify defects.
- Interact and collaborate with Technical Support, Beta Testers and other iZotope departments.
- Provide suggestions to management for improving software testing methodologies, processes/procedures and standards
- Foster a continuous improvement and process culture, and a customer service mentality.
- Bachelor or Associate Degree in Audio, Music or related fields
- Deep experience using Audio Production Software including digital audio workstations, effect plug-ins and virtual instruments.
- Experience with audio hardware including audio interfaces, midi controllers.
- Knowledge of and experience with Post Production workflows in both editorial and mixing for television, film, podcasting, etc.
- 2 or more years’ experience in Software Quality and/or testing role.
- Highly proficient in Mac OS X and Windows Environments.
- Experience with Defect Tracking Management Systems (e.g. JIRA, Bugzilla).
- Experience with software version control systems (e.g. GIT, SVN, and Perforce).
- Exposure to test automation or a scripting language (Python, Ruby).
- Excellent Communication Skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with Agile software development.
- Willingness to continue learning new technologies.
- Familiarity with iZotope’s products.
- Programming skills or the drive to learn programming.
This opportunity is a full-time position located in our Cambridge, MA office. Must be authorized to work in the United States.
What’s it like to work at iZotope?
We’re the leaders in intelligent audio production and you’ll see that all iZotopians have a passion for what we do. Our company, our market and our customers are growing fast. This means all iZotope employees are engaged in interesting and challenging work. We have the opportunity to try new and different things and lots of room for career enrichment. We work with exceptional colleagues and foster an environment that empowers those closest to the work to make decisions and provide each other the support to move quickly and learn as we go. iZotope combines the excitement and pace of a startup with the stability and work/life balance of a market leader. Plus, it’s really cool to work for a company in the music and film industry!