Game Integration Engineer
Technology – Platform
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more 360 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
We are looking for an experienced Game Integration Engineer to play a key role in growing our platform team. The platform team’s goal is to build a best in class publishing platform to enable the studio to publish new internal and external games.
Reporting to our Director of Engineering, this role forms an integral part of growing the platform team, supporting game development teams to successfully integrate with the platform and working closing with in-house and third-party engineers to shape the future.
This is an amazing opportunity to be at the heart of delivering the studios new publishing platform.
- Technical contact with game development teams supporting them to successfully integrate with the platform
- Working closely with the Platform team to recommend improvements to features and APIs
- Design and develop easy to use SDKs for the various game engines
- Test new features and APIs by integrating the platform into sample games
- Produce documentation and code samples to support game developers
- Gamer at heart - we expect our employees to be product focused at all levels
- Expert knowledge and experience in C++
- Game development experience using Unreal Engine
- Experience with integrating game backend service (PlayFab, GameSparks or similar)
- Strong knowledge of RESTful API design and implementation
- Experience working as part of an agile development team
- BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.