Publishing – Analytics & Data Science
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more 360 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
The Studio’s goal is to build a new gaming platform to allow our new games to integrate with at ease. Your team’s goal is to develop a best in class Analytical Data Platform able to deliver valuable data insights and dashboards out of the big data generated by our players, this data is critical to the product teams, so that they can understand what the customers want and where their pain points are.
You will be working in an exciting and vibrant environment, you will be engaged in architectural designs, cutting edge technologies testing and profiling, evaluating software solutions and programming.
- Build and maintain data pipelines to process diverse data sets at scale and with low latency
- Develop near real-time and batch-based data processing frameworks
- Design, develop, test, launch and manage software packages to support our use of data and advanced analytics
- Maintain and extend our data and analytics environments to provide additional tools and capabilities
- Ensure platform availability expectations are met, manage capacity planning and team SLAs
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development and software lifecycle, including high level design, architecture definition, implementation, testing, deployment
- Create software and tooling necessary for build and deployment pipeline automation
- Gamer at heart – we expect our employees to be product focused at all levels
- Knowledge and experience in AWS Services (Lambda, S3, EMR, DynamoDb, etc.)
- Proven history of adopting production related processes, deployment pipelines, reviews
- Experience deploying applications on Kubernetes Clusters
- Understanding of OO Python
- Deep understanding of design patterns and good code practices
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.