Production Director of Creative & Video Services
Publishing – Creative Services
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more 360 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
We’re looking for a talented creative to join our rapidly expanding Marketing team. As Director of Creative & Video Services you will oversee the production of all Marketing & Commerce assets across the Jagex and 3rd Party Publishing Portfolio.
As we grow the RuneScape franchise by launching on new platforms, engaging with consumers in new and exciting ways and in new languages we need an experienced Creative Director to help define the creative vision across brand activations, performance marketing, Runefest, social & community content, competitive gaming, CRM and more!
As part of the Marketing leadership team you will work closely the Brand & Product Marketing and Development teams in defining the product positioning and creating the visual identify for our existing portfolio and future games.
You will have 2 direct reports (Dept Heads) and be responsible for a team of 18 overall.
- Contribute creative solutions and innovations that strengthen our marketing offering and support strategic business goals
- Define the franchise visual identity working in collaboration with Brand & Product Marketing and Development team
- Oversee the production of high-end Marketing assets that will support the launch of our games and throughout their lifecycle
- Deep understanding of digital platforms and the dynamics of data driven performance marketing
- Build, lead and mentor a multi-disciplinary creative team in fulfilling their creative potential by encouraging an effective art critique and a ‘strive for excellence’ art culture
- Create quarterly, yearly and multi-year franchise creative plans
- Experience authoring marketing art style guides (both IP and Franchise level)
- Knowledge of best practice pipelines to bring game assets to marketing
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across User Acquisition, Brand, Research, Creative, Social and Community to drive best in class Marketing campaigns
- Support the Exec team with board presentations
- Extensive experience as a senior creative lead
- Proven experience as a department head
- Worked on at least 2 x AA campaigns
- Significant experience working across multiple channels (Web, Mobile, Social, CRM etc)
- Strong graphic/illustration skills, able to bring ideas, concepts and stories to live though concise pitches
- Scientifically creative, able to digest data from digital channels and use to inform creative direction
- Excellent project management and communication skills, ability to work across multiple business units and stakeholders
- Passion for videogames preferably in MMO or RPG genre
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.