Senior DevOps Engineer
Technology – Publishing Platform /
To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview.
Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect.
So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
To build a best-in-class publishing platform to enable the studio to publish new internal and external games. Reporting to our Director of Engineering, this role forms an integral part of our growing platform team, supporting development and production environments and providing operation insights to determine what good looks like.
- Build, automate and support development and production environments on both on-premises and cloud.
- Provide operation insights by deploying and maintaining logging, monitoring, and alerting solutions.
- Collaborate with engineering teams on recommendations and architectural decisions to ensure security, scalability, availability, and performance of the platform.
- Work with internal and outsourced engineering teams on setting up continues integration and delivery pipelines.
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues and work with engineering teams to detect and prevent future issues.
- Contribute technically to projects by being hands-on and help development teams when necessary (T-shaped)
- On-Call support to troubleshoot and resolve out-of-hour production issues
- Mentoring and training engineers across internal and remote engineering teams (up-skilling, best practice, software principles etc.)
- Self-starter, able to take high level direction and work independently with minimal instruction.
- Advocate DevOps culture and practices across the studio
- Hands-on development experience with Python/Golang/Java
- Proficient in Linux system administration and server configuration (e.g., Debian/Ubuntu)
- Strong working knowledge of cloud technologies specifically AWS
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration frameworks (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
- Familiarity with log aggregation and monitoring tools (e.g., ELK Stack, Datadog, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of continues integration and delivery principles and tools.
- Experience working across internal and remote engineering teams using agile methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of software and infrastructure security best practices
- Experience working with configuration management and infrastructure as code tools (Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, etc.)
- BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.