Junior Gameplay Animator
Games Development – Art /
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Junior Gameplay Animator to join an experienced team of artists and animators working on RuneScape 3, our flagship PC and Mobile title.
This is a challenging role that encourages creative input, teamwork and personal development.
What we need from you:
- Deliver high quality gameplay animations across creatures, human characters, and set pieces in Maya
- Ensure the animation quality and style is maintained through all projects within your own and colleague's work
- Work closely with Artists, Designers and Developers to ensure animations are correctly implemented in the game engine
- To produce animations to RS3 house style, with dynamic spacing/timing, squash and stretch and smearing
What we are looking for:
- Great key frame animation skills across humans, creatures and set-pieces
- Ability to consistently bring character, life, charm and emotion to creatures and characters
- Good understanding of implementing animation into game engines
- A keen interest in game animation and animation in general
- A good communicator able to discuss development across disciplines
- Good problem-solving skills and forward-looking attitude
What would really stand out:
- A good working knowledge of animation implementation systems (blend trees, state machines etc) in UE, Unity or equivalent
- Degree in Animation
- A keen interest in keeping workflows and tech up to date. Evolving in step with improvements in the industry
- Traditional animation skills
- Traditional 2D art skills
- High quality, game ready character animation across gesture, locomotion, traversal, and combat
- A good understanding of animation principles and body mechanics
- Evidence of strong creative skills resulting in imaginative and highly polished animation examples
- Examples of humans and creatures running in-engine from past projects being ideal
Also, we really value life drawing, so if you have life drawing examples, please include them!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Monthly Energy Allowance
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.