Senior Gameplay Programmer - Unreal Engine 4
Games Development – New IP
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more 360 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Together with our players, we’re united as one Jagex tribe. Together we’re building deep and engaging multiplayer gaming experiences for players everywhere. We continue to recruit massively into RuneScape and RuneScape Old School as they have more platforms and expansions to conquer, we’re now also undertaking the exciting challenge of building up our company with Unreal Engine 4 experience.
Apply your passion for creating amazing online games and drive the development of technology based on Unreal that will enable an all-star team to help create a deep connected experience. Collaborate with peer discipline leaders and the production team to innovate and focus the development of an exciting new gaming experience.
- Programming in C++ 11/14
- Working with the rest of the team to produce fun and satisfying games systems and mechanics
- Iterating, bug fixing and seeking to continually improve all aspects of the game
- Rapid prototyping of new ideas
- Researching, innovating and developing new game technology
- Being proactive in finding ways to improve both how we work and how our games operate
- Proven commercial experience coding in C++
- In depth knowledge of UE4
- Experience with multiplayer functionality
- Knowledge of Software Architecture Fundamentals in object-oriented design and data structures
- A passion for code quality
- Experience with version control software such as SVN or P4
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent creative problem-solving skills where you value the input from producers, product owner and co-workers
- Experience with SCRUM / Agile development
- Experience of working on networked and MMO games
- Experience with client-side systems and entity/component-based systems
- Experience working with Unity
- Experience of working on client/server applications
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.