Games Development – RuneScape
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more 360 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a UI Artist looking for a varied and challenging role that encourages creative input and technical direction.
The successful applicant will join a newly formed team of experienced UI Artists & UX Designers working on our flagship title RuneScape. They will be joining the project at a pivotal time in its development and have an opportunity to shape the next era
RuneScape is an evolving product on PC and soon to be Mobile platforms, with players that have an insatiable thirst for content, meaning there’s always something new and exciting to get your teeth into. Your role would involve collaborating across multiple disciplines to deliver high quality UI's.
- Collaborate with RuneScape developers to define and implement innovative UI solutions.
- Conceptualise and create high quality 2D art assets in Photoshop.
- Execute UI visuals from concept, through creation to final developer hand-off.
- Conceptualise UI designs that bring simplicity and usability to complex game designs.
- Create wireframes & user flows to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Check out some of our latest artwork on ArtStation
- Strong graphic design skills showcased by portfolio examples.
- Experience in creating a wide range of UI elements for both PC & Mobile platforms.
- Expertise in Photoshop
- Experience in creating wireframes & user flows.
- Understanding of user-system interaction.
- Ability to present and discuss designs with peers and game designers.
- Up-to-date with UI trends & techniques.
- You have a good understanding of UX.
- You are familiar with engines such as Unity or Unreal.
- You have a degree in Graphic Design/Game Art or equivalent.
- You have traditional 2D art skills
We can only consider applicants who include evidence of their work in an online format such as personal website, blog, Github, or online portfolio. Break downs of your design process a big plus.
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.