Games Development – Unannounced MMORPG /
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Jagex is looking for a Technical Animator to help us undertake the exciting challenge of building a brand new, AAA massively multiplayer online role-playing game.
Home to the iconic MMORPG RuneScape and its extended family of adventurous titles, Jagex is a leading games studio that places our players at the heart of everything we do, connecting and inspiring people through play.
We’ve welcomed over 280 million players to RuneScape’s world of enthralling fantasy and, together with our team of passionate game creators, our community helps to shape how our games evolve. From casting votes on future game content, to interacting with the studio teams in live streams and in chat, we also join together in person at our celebrated fan convention, RuneFest. Together with our players, we’re united as one Jagex tribe.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be instrumental in shaping the future of MMORPGs from the ground-up, at the forefront of Unreal Engine 4 & 5 development. You will be responsible for working alongside programmers and animators to ensure the projects artistic and creative vision are not compromised by the limitations of technical processes; pushing the boundaries of possibility by collaboratively developing software tools, scripts, pipelines and workflows that enhance the creation of animations.
- Game-focused, driven by a curiosity to understand why you're solving a problem, empowering you to find the right solution.
- Motivated by delivering value, driving you to focus on the core of a problem and iterating to produce great results.
- Excited by the opportunity to be a part of a collaborative, cross-functional team, helping to craft incredible player experiences.
- Bridge the gap between animation, art and engineering, supporting development through effective use of content creation tools and pipelines.
- Work autonomously to rapidly deliver feature prototypes using your in-depth knowledge of Unreal Engine workflows and capabilities.
- Collaborate with content creators to identify and implement improvements to animation asset creation, delivery and maintenance pipelines.
- Undertake R&D endeavors on new and emerging technologies to aid with prototyping and problem solving.
- Professional experience shipping Unreal Engine game(s) as a technical animator.
- In-depth knowledge of Unreal Engine animation features, such as Animation blueprints and Control Rig
- In-depth knowledge of Maya with an emphasis on its animation features
- In-depth knowledge of pipeline and tool development with Python
Even better if you have:
- Experience working on MMO game(s).
- Experience with Maya API and C++
- Experience with Facial animation and Motion Capture techniques
- Comfortable with reading/debugging Unreal Engine's C++.
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.