Publishing – Strategy & Business Development
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more 360 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
The strategy manager will be a key member of the strategy team, leveraging their excellent quantitative skills alongside a strategic mindset to both assess and seek-out growth opportunities. This individual will work very closely with the wider studio, assisting departmental leaders with forecasting, financial modelling and decision-making.
- Conduct market analysis, and work closely with product leads in Jagex to inform development and production decisions
- Build financial models and forecasts for existing and new projects to provide forward guidance both internally and externally
- Develop situational analyses with internal stakeholders to assess risk and return and inform decision making
- Conduct industry analysis and compile findings into key market insights such as segment trajectories and white-spaces
- Build competitor tracking and use deep understanding of the competitive landscape to generate insights and inform product strategy
- Design investment/publishing/licensing deal structures based on situational forecasts and financial requirements. Construct business cases and present to senior leadership and board of directors
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis on various additional initiatives internally and externally
- Contribute to investor relations activities, including but not limited to investment roadshows and analyst presentations
- A deep passion for gaming and the industry
- Strong quantitative capabilities and an understanding of financial modelling/forecasting
- Knowledge of the games market, with particular focus on games unit economics standards
- Commercial acumen and comfortability with profit and loss statements, balance sheets and cash flow statements
- Financial risk analysis & understanding of modelling pitfalls/best practices
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office, with advanced proficiency in Excel, specifically
- Knowledge in SQL a plus
- M.Sc or B.Sc in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or other highly-quantitative field.
- Organization skills and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to deliver complex insights to a variety of stakeholders in a digestible manner
- Experience and comfortability working with senior/leadership stakeholders
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.