San Francisco, CA /
Game Design and Development – Game Design /
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays*
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan*
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More*
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Onsite Gym & Wellness Activities (Yoga & Zumba)*
*Only applies to full-time positions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced Narrative Designer to bring their expert writing and game design skills to our hit mobile game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with top industry talent and take ownership in the narrative process from initial concept to final product. If you’re a storytelling specialist looking for a role that offers fun creative challenges, we want to hear from you.
**Qualified applicants will be asked to complete a Harry Potter Narrative Design/Writing test.
**Position will start as a 3-Month Contract to Hire.
- Structure and write story outlines, character-driven scenes with substantial dialogue, and ancillary copy within tight deadlines, owning the process from concept to final product.
- Communicate the narrative vision of the game’s Lead Designers verbally and in writing, across internal departments and with external brand partners.
- Proactively contribute in brainstorming sessions by pitching ideas for on-brand story arcs and quests within limited art and design scope.
- Integrate inventive writing with design to support both creative and monetization objectives.
- Work directly with Product, Design, Production, Art, and Animation to coordinate all facets of Narrative with F2P mobile business goals.
- Innovate with high accuracy across multiple iterations, addressing feedback, incorporating notes, and executing revisions from internal teams and external partners.
- 3+ years Narrative Design and Game Writing experience, or equivalent.
- Experience scripting dialogue for large casts of original and canon characters.
- Experience structuring and tracking multiple branching storylines.
- General knowledge of F2P mobile game design pipelines and current market trends.
- Ability to efficiently juggle multiple responsibilities without compromising creative quality.
- Ability to self-prioritize assignments in a rapidly shifting, fast-paced creative environment.
- Exceptional proofreading and copyediting skills.
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills.
NICE TO HAVE
- Knowledge of Harry Potter brand and canon.
- Serialized storytelling and screenwriting experience.
- Live Ops experience.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.