San Francisco, CA
Art & Animation – Art
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Perks & Benefits
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
PERKS & BENEFITS
Competitive compensation packages
100% Company Sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits (Employee-Only & Varies by Plan)
Unlimited Vacation Time
Fully Stocked Kitchens
Monthly Company Happy Hours & Events (ex. Game Nights, Karaoke)
Game Room (Pool, Ping Pong, Video Games and More!!!)
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Senior Technical Artist on our hit title, Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery! Your role is to create complex tools, rigs across a variety of assets, work on general technical problem solving/support, help in improving the overall pipeline, and work closely with fellow artists & engineers on art implementation to the game.
**In order to be considered you must provide us with either a link to an online portfolio, website or a demo reel showcasing recent work upon application submittal.
- Develop and streamline tools for asset delivery from Maya into our game engine (including models, animations, FX, and shaders)
- Create high quality Character, prop and effect rigs based upon guidelines defined by art and animation and within the technical constraints of the game
- Responsible for collaboratively developing the production pipeline to ensure efficient asset creation and delivery, and a streamlined process for artists and engineers
- Develop shaders in Maya, and collaborate with engineering for parallel development in the game-engine
- Contribute and assist in other areas like character/environment rigging and FX for creating, debugging, and streamlining asset production
- Build, maintain and troubleshoot pipeline for toon and 3D visual effects.
- Identify redundancies in our workflow and provide solutions for automation.
- Provide feedback to modelers to enhance the quality of the rigs.
- Provide rigging and skinning feedback to outsource studios.
- Create auto-rigs for existing and new games.
- Help to drive and direct overall character and asset pipeline for future project needs, with tool/workflow development geared towards extensibility and flexibility for upcoming needs.
- Develop and maintain tools for the production pipeline, particularly for modeling, animation, and rigging.
- Must have worked on at least two 3D games from conception to completion.
- Extended rigging knowledge in Maya.
- Experience working with game engineers.
- Must be well-rounded on the whole 3D pipeline, especially modeling and animation.
- Understanding of the technical limitations of mobile gaming production.
- Understanding of character design and animation, as it relates to rig development.
- Experienced in PyMel and Python.
- Degree in Art or related field.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is a leader in mobile entertainment, providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to broad global audiences. Jam City was founded in 2009 by MySpace cofounder and CEO Chris DeWolfe and former 20th Century Fox executive Josh Yguado. Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest grossing and most enduring social gaming franchises for mobile, including Cookie Jam (Facebook “Game of the Year” winner) and Panda Pop. Jam City is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands including Harry Potter, Family Guy and Marvel Avengers. Jam City has studios in Los Angeles (HQ), San Francisco, San Diego, Bogotá and Buenos Aires. The Jam City team is known for its creative excellence and technological innovation in key areas including storytelling, data science and audience insights.