Lead Artist - UI
Art – Art /
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent for our talent team in Toronto. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Employer Paid Benefits*
Parental leave and Kin care*
Company Events such as movie night, trivia, game shows & more…
Device Allowance, Professional Development Allowance, App Allowance & More!*
*Only applies to full-time positions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently looking for an amazing Lead Artist to join our Toronto studio! You will work closely with the development team to help define, create and maintain the visual style of the game. You will be responsible for managing a team, mentoring artists in best practices, identifying development issues, and proactively resolving identified roadblocks. Your passion & expertise will guide the team towards creating the best possible game experience!
**In order to be considered, you MUST provide us with either a link to an online portfolio, website or a pdf showcasing recent artwork upon application.
- Manage a team of artists by delegating tasks, providing direction, mentoring, and ensuring that assets are delivered on time & at the highest quality.
- Create art assets and help define & maintain art style.
- Ensure stylistic uniformity remains consistent across the game.
- Provide constructive professional feedback both internally and with outsourcing partners.
- Collaboratively identify and solve development issues both aesthetically and technically.
- Work closely with the Tech Art lead to understand technical constraints and develop tools to enhance artistic vision.
- Responsible for collaboratively developing pipeline advantages and ensuring that assets are created in the most efficient way possible.
- Work with the development team to develop strategic plans and art concepts.
- Partner with producers to assess and delegate tasks amongst the team.
- Manage external relationships.
- 5+ years of experience as an Artist in the gaming industry.
- Expertise with the core products in the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and Illustrator (including animating in Photoshop and the use of Smart Objects).
- A well-developed portfolio demonstrating character and UI work.
- Produce art at a senior level capacity.A professional attitude and team leader.
- Strong communication skills; ability to clearly articulate and rally a team around an idea and/or concept.
- Perfect understanding of composition, color, value, and form as it relates to both classic art and gameplay visuals.
- Flexible and collaborative personality; ability to listen and effectively incorporate feedback into designs.
- Art Degree or equivalent working experience.
NICE TO HAVE
- Passion and enthusiasm for games, with a deep understanding of popular game mechanics.
- Prior work experience leading an Art team within the mobile gaming space.
- Experience with game engines.
- Experience leading a design and/or art team for either iPhone or Android applications.
- Strong 2D concept and illustration skills.
- Worked on a mobile game from beginning to end!
- Marketing Experience.
- Design or Illustration Experience.
- Animation Experience.
CHECK OUT LIFE AS A JAM CITIZEN:
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.