San Francisco, CA
Game Design and Development – Game Design
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are always looking for the “best and brightest” talent to join our family. At Jam City you will have the freedom to work and play with a team of entrepreneurs who aren’t afraid to get things done!
Currently, we are searching an amazing Game Designer to join our team! You will have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the top creative talent within our industry. We are searching for a designer who is passionate about making memorable games that truly stand out in the mobile market. If you're ready to design the next big mobile games, then Jam City is the place for you!
WHAT YOU GET TO DO EVERY DAY
- Contribute and help with the development of a narrative-heavy game through development and lifecycle.
- Learn proprietary editor tools built in Unity to create and edit new content.
- Work with authors, both external and internal, to create memorable narrative content which meets business goals.
- Propose new ideas and features that will contribute to the success of the game.
- Write clean, clear documentations for the design of new tools, features and events.
- Respond to feedback, internal and analytical data, to form best practices and help guide the game's direction.
- Work closely with team members to balance task loads and effectively execute against deadlines.
- Collaborate with Product, Art and Engineering to integrate creative and tech seamlessly into your work.
- Stay current with market trends and pop culture, watching closely for any new developments which could benefit the project.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
- Possess a love for reading, writing, interactive fiction and storytelling.
- 3+ years of Game Design experience with products shipped; at least 1+ year with social and/or F2P mobile titles.
- Ability to design games and features from beginning to end.
- Experience writing product specs, wireframes, flows and clear feature documentation.
- Strong understanding and appreciation of the free-to-play market, its past and current trends.
- Appreciation for iterative design, and the ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
- A good eye for data analysis, and the ability to help your team make the best decisions based on what the data indicates.
- A strong grasp of content design, cadence, and live operations, with the ability to tackle the wide variety of challenges that working on new and live games may throw at you.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Desire and ability to work collaboratively in a group dynamic.
- In-depth understanding of Facebook and iOS as gaming platforms.
- Passionate about games and stories!
NICE TO HAVE
- Strong creative writing and/or editing skills.
PERKS & BENEFITS:
Competitive compensation packages
100% Company Sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits (Employee-Only & Varies by Plan)
Unlimited Vacation Time
Catered Lunches & Dinners
Fully Stocked Kitchens
Quarterly Company Happy Hours (ex. Trivia Nights, Karaoke)
Game Room (Pool, Ping Pong, Video Games and More!!!)
Jam City is a global leader in mobile entertainment, providing social gaming experiences for millions of players around the world. Jam City was founded in 2010 by MySpace cofounders Chris DeWolfe and Aber Whitcomb, and former 20th Century Fox executive Josh Yguado. Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest grossing and most enduring social gaming franchises for mobile, including Cookie Jam (Facebook “Game of the Year” winner) and Panda Pop. Jam City is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative rich mobile games for iconic entertainment brands including Harry Potter, Family Guy, Marvel Avengers and Futurama. Jam City has 500 employees across studios in Los Angeles (HQ), San Francisco, San Diego and Buenos Aires. The Jam City team is known for its creative excellence and technological innovation in key areas including storytelling, data science and audience intelligence.