Manager of Games PR
Culver City, CA /
Marketing – Corporate Communications /
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
At Jam City, we are seeking an experienced, results-oriented communications professional for the role of PR Manager, responsible for driving public relations efforts for Jam City’s suite of games, the brand’s corporate profile, and general visibility among press.
The ideal candidate is a results-driven go-getter with strong attention to detail, excellent ability to lead through influence, and an aptitude for and interest in taking intelligent risks. In this proactive communications role, the Public Relations Manager is responsible for pitching and securing media placements for all Jam City game titles, and must have direct experience in mobile gaming PR.
- Independently own the development of proactive media programs and initiatives to support mobile titles.
- Ability to create and support broader narratives about Jam City’s corporate profile, executive positioning, and company culture.
- Identify new trends, publications and contacts for story development.
- Create proactive/reactive content, including messaging, blog posts and Q&A’s for announcements, partnerships, events and profiles..
- Manage a targeted proactive speaking and awards program with a goal of positioning Jam City as an industry leader..
- Provide expert PR counsel to internal team and external partners on communications to both manage expectations and provide educational support on a variety of issues and experiences that impact Jam City.
- Partner closely with internal teams including the HR, global communications, marketing, and social media teams as well as defined employee resource groups to identify opportunities for cross-functional collaboration and story amplification.
- Development materials for (and oversee execution of) high-level corporate communications programs.
- 6+ years of related PR or corporate communications experience
- Must have game experience in mobile gaming with strong media contacts in the space
- Experience in a business and media environment, particularly in consumer technology or entertainment
- Research and analytical experience (i.e. analyzing industry news and trends)
- Experience in verbal and written communications skills with lens for consumer/social media friendly tone
- Experience with project management and decision-making
- Experience working in a team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in related area, preferred
- Deep understanding of the impact technology can have on the world around us as well as a passion for, and understanding of, games, entertainment trends and social media
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to demonstrate maturity and good judgment at all times
- Possess a high degree of integrity and sense of confidentiality
- Ability to develop and maintain strong internal and external relationships at all levels is critical to this position
- Ability to position oneself as a leader with cross functional groups
- Strong organizational, attention to detail and an innate ability to stay on top of multiple projects at once
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.