Engineering – Engineering /
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent for our Bingo team in Toronto. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Employer Paid Benefits*
Parental leave and Kin care*
In office lunch and snacks
Company Events such as movie night, trivia, game shows & more…
Fitness Allowance, Training Allowance, Phone Allowance & More!*
*Only applies to full-time positions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re currently looking for a Data Engineer to join our Jam City Toronto team! In this role, you will have the opportunity to work alongside a small team of talented individuals using cutting-edge technologies to build top-notch data pipelines and analytics tools. Every day, we strive to break the mold, helping to create better experiences for our players.
- Enable our data-centric approach to decisions via our in-house Data and Service platforms.
- Think across domains as we build and manage our infrastructure, automation pipelines, and Data systems.
- Play a meaningful role in our nimble yet disciplined approach to system architecture and team processes which empowers our small team to manage large systems.
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources.
- Automate tasks and streamline processes to easily manage a growing server farm.
- Participate in an on-call schedule to ensure optimal uptime.
- Our infrastructure is constantly evolving. You will have the opportunity to learn, build and suggest new tools!
- Passion for the tech industry. Whenever there was a technology you did not understand, you've researched to become familiar with it.
- Enjoys collaborative work, challenging ideas, and being challenged.
- Proven software engineering experience in building maintainable systems.
- Expertise in at least some languages and tools like Java, Scala, Python, Docker, Spark/Hadoop, relational and document databases, and AWS services in general.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience working at a gaming studio, or on games generally.
- Knowledge of measuring, optimizing, and automating everything.
- Strong system admin skills, including Linux, networking, databases admin, security, and infrastructure as code tools.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.