Senior Unity Engineer - Bogota
Engineering – Engineering
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Perks & Benefits
Unlimited Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
Flexible work hours
Indefinite contract + benefits
Private health insurance coverage
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
2 Hour mid day play/lunch break
Convenient location in northern Bogotá near 93 Park
Jam City is seeking a motivated, skilled Senior Frontend Developer to join our World War Doh game studio in Bogota! We are focused on building an awesome mid core multi-player mobile game. If you have a passion for games and have an awesome engineering background, come join us!
- Working with the design and engineering teams to create gameplay that creates fun and interesting.
- Enabling fast, reliable and consistent user experience by measuring and optimizing the entire technology stack.
- Play a substantial role in day-to-day coding, participating in performance profiling, optimization and general troubleshooting as necessary.
- Participate with the rest of the engineering organization providing valuable input on the company's long term engineering roadmap and helping identify areas of opportunity for improvement.
- Participate in prototyping meetings to provide technical perspective.
- Writing, reviewing and documenting code
- BS in Computer Science and/or Software Engineer (or equivalent).
- 3-5 years programming experience.
- 3+ years working with Unity in C#.
- Demonstrated competency in several of the following specialties (expertise in more than one): gameplay, physics, 3D graphics/rendering, game logic, networking, optimization, analytics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of several of the following platforms, with specific programming experience of more than one: iOS, Android, consoles, PC or browser based games.
- Demonstrated command of applicable programming languages and a thorough knowledge of software design practices including modularity, event-driven architecture, object-oriented design, graphics and animation techniques, portability, extensibility and testability.
- Fluency in at least two of the following: C#, Java, Objective-C, C++, major scripting languages.
- Experience with UGUI, TMPro and other UI FrameworksProven expertise in producing high-performance products, with special focus on performance tuning and optimal resource utilization.
- Proven problem-solving skills and the ability quickly diagnose potential flaws in a system while suggesting solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to use software best-practices to solve complex problems efficiently.
- Self-starter, analytical, creative, highly motivated with a visionary spirit.
- Strong skills in terms of identifying and articulating goals and risks to management.
- Team player with strong influencing skills.
- Loves to work with small teams in a collaborative environment!
- Great English communication skills both written and verbal.
- Highly motivated, self-starting individual
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.