Senior Backend AWS Engineer - Berlin
Engineering – Engineering
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
We are looking for a talented Backend AWS Engineer to join our dynamic team to build large, scalable services that are the foundation of the games within our Berlin-based studio. We are passionate about empowering developers to make great games, and helping players safely and easily enjoy them.
- Takes ownership of features/bugs/issues from conception to run in production
- Develops code that is performant, easy to maintain by others and works as intended
- Collaborates with all of the game teams including client engineers, game designers, support, and analytics.
- Your input is highly valued to improve game quality or offer alternatives to meet timelines
- Eager to learn new things especially if it solves hard problems or improves the quality of life for a team
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Passionate and self-driven!
- We love engineers who tackle difficult issues and provide innovative, performant solutions!
- Experience solving impactful technical challenges; we look for people who can assess a challenge, craft a scalable architecture, and run with implementation
- Distributed systems programming experience (we use nodeJS, Java and Python)
- Experience managing cloud services at scale (we use AWS)
- Service ownership experience; the ability to run, troubleshoot, and deploy your own services (we use Lambda, DynamoDB, S3,CloudFormation)
- Experience with SQL and nonrelational databases (we use DynamoDB, Redis)
- Operating systems experience (we use Linux/Unix)
NICE TO HAVE
- AWS certificates
- Game development or Google Cloud Platform skills also their API
- Experience with Websockets or other server push models, Search Engines, Graph Databases
- Has worked in a team with experience in large-scale, high-performance distributed software
- Has experience in the mobile gaming, video game industry
- Has experience with real-time multiplayer features and their networking requirements
- Familiarity with Docker and CloudFront, X-Ray and EC2 are nice to have
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.