Lead UI Developer
Engineering – Engineering /
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent for our Bingo team in Toronto. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Employer Paid Benefits*
Parental leave and Kin care*
In office lunch and snacks
Company Events such as movie night, trivia, game shows & more…
Fitness Allowance, Training Allowance, Phone Allowance & More!*
*Only applies to full-time positions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re currently looking for a talented Lead UI Developer to join our Toronto studio! You will have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the top creative and analytical talent in a highly profitable mobile game development studio with an array of perks and respect for employee quality of life and personal time.
- Budget and scope milestone/feature proposals.
- Enforce technical standards through code reviews and mentoring.
- Collaborate with the Art department to highlight opportunities for visual improvements in game and establish limitations and opportunities.
- Develop and maintain asset bundle and art tooling pipelines.
- Perform regular game performance reviews and improvements.
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Take ownership of the UI implementation in our games.
- Work with a variety of platforms - iOS, Android, and WebGL.
- 5+ years of development experience in Unity with C#.
- Ability to write code in C# and strong knowledge of game-development engines (Unity).
- Excellent understanding of performance improvement techniques including GPU/CPU and Memory optimization.
- Expertise with Unity’s UI tools and frameworks.
- Experience building games for mobile platforms.
- Understanding of UI wireframes, user flows, prototypes.
- Skilled in creating a clean and clear user experience.
- An understanding of the asset pipeline for 2D mobile games.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Strong Animation, Tech Art, or VFX background.
NICE TO HAVE
- Passion for games! You are a regular gamer with experience in a range of games.
- Shipped 3+ mobile games, or 1+ AAA game.
- Experience with XNA, Unreal Engine, OpenGL/DirectX, C++.
- Game Jam or Indie game development experience.
- Tools development experience.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.