Creative Director - UA Marketing
Marketing – User Acquisition /
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Perks & Benefits
Unlimited Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
Flexible work hours
Indefinite contract + benefits
Private health insurance coverage
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
2 Hour mid day play/lunch break
Convenient location in northern Bogotá near 93 Park
Jam City is looking for a Creative Director to lead a team of artists and creative producers that will create static and video content for use in Performance Marketing (User Acquisition, Retargeting, App Store Optimization). The team will create compelling concepts and assets for our mobile game titles across major social and ad publishing networks. We are looking for a creative and talented individual who has big ideas and is able to direct and motivate a team to deliver highly performing creative content at a rapid pace. You should be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize and delegate tasks with ease and efficiency. Coming up with original ideas to capture attention and initiate downloads is of the highest priority, combined with the experience of analyzing and incorporating data-driven learning, in conjunction with other team members.
NEGOTIATIONS / INTERACTIONS: Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of function or unit objectives. Interacts with direct reports and peers in order to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Builds and enhances key internal and external contacts.
ASSIGNMENT OF WORK: Oversees and directs the work of managers and their subordinates. Ensures the ongoing training and development of direct reports.
OVERSIGHT RECEIVED: Central Senior Director and Creative Director to provide guidance, and work is reviewed relative to operating goals.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Concept new and original ideas for user acquisition advertisingDeep understanding and mastery of After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite or other creative software.
- Deep experience directing the creative on videos and static adverts for use on Facebook, Instagram, Ad Networks, etc.
- Good understanding of technical audio/visual pipeline from ideation, through to concept work, 3D pipeline, Finishing, Audio engineering, etc. Good understanding of how to export high quality raw content from 3D and 2D game files (3DS MAX, Maya, Blender Unity, etc.)
- Ideate and direct marketing content following IP specific brand and style guidelines.
- Successfully produce concurrent projects with the team in a fast-paced environment.
- Communicate and collaborate with various stakeholders on both the game product team, and other marketing personnel.
- Distill stakeholder notes and feedback to share an actionable creative vision with the team, solving problems and ensuring the notes are addressed to the highest standards.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Must speak English & Spanish fluently
- 10 or more years of experience with 5 or more years of management experience with an agency, mobile gaming company or related creative studio environment.
- Prior experience of building teams and recruitment processes.
- Must illustrate a hybrid skill set including a strong foundation in typography, graphic design, motion graphics, VFX, illustration, etc.
- Proficient in the use of industry standard design and 3D packages. Maya, Blender or comparable 3D software as well as Adobe Creative Suite; After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator are a must.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to take and deliver constructive feedback.
- Must include a portfolio of work demonstrating your breadth of skill and project contributions.
- Experience with animation pipelines
- Direct experience in performance driven creative, and an ability to spot trends or patterns in content in order to establish best practices for new content generation.
- Able to lead on projects in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong eye for quality and acute attention to detail.
- Passionate about mobile games and technology.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.