Lead UI/UX Designer
San Francisco, CA
Game Design and Development – Game Design
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays*
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan*
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More*
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Onsite Gym & Wellness Activities (Yoga & Zumba)*
*Only applies to full-time positions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Currently, we are on the hunt for a talented Lead UI/UX Designer who will help head up the UI/UX efforts within our San Francisco Studio. In this role, you will be managing and mentoring UI/UX Designers as well as collaborating with multiple departments in order to conceptualize, create, and iterate on UX design documents and UI assets that will provide elegant design solutions and intuitive, visually stunning interfaces for games and features. You will balance hands-on design work with educating and leading other designers to elevate the skills and knowledge of the UI/UX department.
**In order to be considered, you MUST provide us with either a link to an online portfolio, website or a pdf showcasing recent artwork upon application.
- Manage a team of UI/UX designers.
- Lead the team and organise the workload and output.
- Review and provide feedback on UI/UX team work when needed.
- Attend Production, KPI, and other relevant meetings as representative UI/UX for the team.
- Generate in-game content as needed.
- Create and design wire-flows, wireframes, prototypes and documentation.
- Continue to monitor and iterate to keep the game current.
- Serve as the representative of our games and the UI/UX team to the exec team, 3rd- party partners, the studio and the company overall.
- Contribute to studio-level design initiatives.
- Serve as the creative vision holder for your project, stepping in as final decision maker as needed.
- Define and plan the strategy for A/B and Multivariate Testing.
- Translate research finding into design recommendations to quickly improve product designs early in the design cycle.
- Make sure that quality and output are satisfying.
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, style guide, best practices and standards.
- Experience managing user experience designers and the user experience design process.
- Experience working with Unity.
- Experience creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, visual designs, and mobile prototypes as well as clear documentation.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and XD or other prototyping tools.
- Ability to work within an established style while striving to raise the quality bar within the set style.
- Must be able to scope work, set project deadlines and deliver on time.
- Must be able to give and receive feedback gracefully.
- Must demonstrate UI / UX design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technology for mobile games.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience creating animated mockups of UI flows and transition -prototypes.
- Flash and or After Effects knowledge.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.