Culver City, CA /
People Operations – People Team /
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re searching for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are always looking for skilled and dedicated people to join our team. At Jam City you will have the freedom to work and play with a team of passionate individuals who aren’t afraid to get things done!
We're looking for a highly organized People Partner who is a self-starter with excellent communication skills. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable of HR workflow processes, has impeccable attention to detail, and is ready to tackle projects of all sizes.
- Oversee and implement human resources programs and practices that foster growth, innovation, and organizational effectiveness that align with business strategies in areas including talent acquisition, compensation, learning and development, and performance management.
- Communicate and inform the business of HR initiatives and project manage these efforts.
- Provide developmental coaching to all levels, and offer creative solutions to business challenges.
- Manage and resolve Employee Relations issues through effective and objective investigation processes, ensuring adherence to appropriate employment laws and policies.
- Collaborate with our legal team on high level ER issues.
- Gain an understanding of business knowledge by participating in meetings and staying up to date on the industry.
- Partner with leadership to ensure employee and business needs are met, focusing on organizational design, change leadership, and talent management in a rapidly growing company.
- Recommend, develop, and implement new HR processes as required to grow the business.
- Influence business and talent initiatives that support our short and long-term business goals, including driving practices that enable high performance and operational excellence.
- Provide counsel and guidance on complex employee matters.
- Act as an executive coach for key clients and leaders; hold a high bar for leadership values and behaviors.
- Influence and/or deploy practices to increase employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Assist the global Human Resources team on special projects.
- Ability to position self as a credible (respected, integrity, keep commitments), proactive (have a point of view, challenge assumptions, take initiative), and trusted thought partner through building relationships and delivering results.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of the business and internal/external factors that influence success.
- Ability to express and present information clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly and manage change efficiently, proactively and in a positive manner.
- Ability to create compelling stories leveraging workforce analytics and insights in order to focus leaders on relevant business issues and developing solutions.
- Working knowledge of Canadian employment and labor law required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University.
- 5+ years of human resources business partner experience.
- Must be local to the great Los Angeles area, and able to come in to the office 2x/week.
NICE TO HAVE
- Must love games: personally, professionally and in all ways!
- Experience working in a gaming studio.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation for this role. The range listed is just one component of Jam City's total compensation package for employees, which may also include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, certifications, location, business needs, or market demands. This range is based on a full-time position. This range may be modified in the future. In addition, Jam City provides a variety of benefits to employees, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, parental leave, paid time off, a 401(k) plan, life, disability, and accident insurance. Pay Range: $63,500 - $111,000 salary per year.
CHECK OUT LIFE AS A JAM CITIZEN:
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.