Associate Game Designer
San Francisco, CA
Design – Game Design /
Full Time /
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Kin Care & Holidays*
100% Covered Medical and Company-Sponsored Dental & Vision (Plans Vary)*
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More*
Wellness Activities & Programs
12 Weeks Paid Parental Leave*
*Only applies to full-time positions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We need a sharp and ambitious Associate Game Designer who possesses a passion for mobile gaming and the desire for flawless execution of new game content. Your knowledge in the game space, as well as your extraordinary attention to detail, makes you an invaluable player for game design. You will work with the team to ensure best practices are being used to deliver only the highest quality products to our players.
- Construct visual gameplay sequences and content with close attention to artistic and narrative detail.
- Work with existing narrative and design specification to set up interactive 3D scenes with thought to camera compositions, transitions and ambient animations.
- Collaborate with technical, narrative and art teams to ensure best execution and practices.
- Find creative solutions to create the most dramatic and fun experience with provided tools.
- Configure scripted events, animations and dialogue sequences on schedule with release dates and milestones.
- Self motivated individual who takes a high level of ownership in their work.
- Strong organizational skills -- you value documentation and pay close attention to small details.
- Strategic thinker who can anticipate and resolve an issue before it slows down the release process.
- Knowledge of visual design, level design, content design or similar experience.
- Experience using 3D tools such as Maya.
- You love games! As an active member of the industry, you understand how bugs directly affect the player.
- BA/BS Degree.
NICE TO HAVE
- Background in theater, film or cinematography.
- Experience working with a complex tool chain.
- Experience with systems or object-oriented programming.
- Experience coding in C++, C, Java or Json.
- Experience with liveops, especially in a free to play mobile environment.
- BS in Computer Science and/or related experience.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation for this role. The range listed is just one component of Jam City's total compensation package for employees, which may also include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, certifications, location, business needs, or market demands. This range is based on a full-time position. This range may be modified in the future. In addition, Jam City provides a variety of benefits to employees, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, parental leave, paid time off, a 401(k) plan, life, disability, and accident insurance. Pay Range: $25.48 — $37.50 per hour.
CHECK OUT LIFE AS A JAM CITIZEN:
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.