Senior 2D Animator/Artist
Art – Art /
As a leading mobile games developer, our vision is to make premium entertainment games that are an enduring part of our players' lives. We combine the best creative talent in the world with our proprietary tech platform to create the deepest, richest, and most engaging mobile entertainment experiences.
We’re on the hunt for innovative talents who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Founded in 2016, the Berlin studio has launched two successful games: Mahjong City Tours and Solitaire Showtime. We are looking for individuals who take ownership, want to have an impact in our team and the lives or our players, and enjoy working on a small local team with ties to our central and other distributed teams.
JamCity is searching for a highly skilled artist that will help contribute to the success of our live games! You must be capable of adapting your style to each game -- creating features for our existing games or designing completely new ones! A strong interaction with game developers is part of this role and knowledge of asset handling and effect creation with the game engine Unity is required.
- Focus on 2D effect animation and asset creation while also being involved in other stages of game art creation.
- Produce and execute final quality results based on your own and your colleagues concepts.
- Take ownership. Think like a player and influence the direction that our games take.
- Design creative, clear, and playful user interactions for our games.
- Ensure the consistency of our existing style and develop it further.
- Collaborate with game programmers on finding design and implementation solutions for visual effects.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Mobile Game Art and Animation.
- Strong proficiency in Creative Cloud Suite (PS, AI, AE) and Version Control Systems.
- Proficiency in Unity.
- A solid understanding of the abilities and limitations of the game engine. Unity is required for this position to create effects that can be brought into the game as designed.
- Strong game animation skills (in-game, effects, characters, UI).
- Ability to create still and animated assets for mobile games, following our existing brand designs, and implement them in Unity.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills, teamwork-oriented worker.
- Experience in working together with programmers on finding design and implementation solutions.
- Great sense for quality and acute attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to take and deliver constructive feedback.
- Passionate about mobile games and technology.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Must include a portfolio of work demonstrating your breadth of skill and project contributions.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience creating UI and UX for mobile games.
- Video editing skills.
- Experience with character animation.
- 3D rendering and animation skills.
- Technical background in developing scripts, Photoshop actions, and other automation tools necessary for art implementation and optimization.
- Thorough understanding of current mobile games market and art trends.
- Previous experience with task organizing tools such as Jira and Trello.
CHECK OUT LIFE AS A JAM CITIZEN:
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.