Associate Software Engineer
Culver City, CA /
Engineering – Engineering /
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
- Working with the design team to create features which contribute to the overall fun and challenge of the game.
- Play a substantial role in day-to-day coding, participating in performance profiling, optimization and general troubleshooting as necessary.
- Participate with the rest of the engineering organization providing valuable input on the company's long term engineering roadmap and helping identify areas of opportunity for improvement.
- Participate in prototyping meetings to provide technical perspective.
- 2+ years specifically with C++ development.
- A history of developing software, and enthusiasm to work with small teams in a collaborative environment!
- Demonstrated competency in several of the following specialties, with an expertise in one: gameplay, physics, 3D graphics /rendering, networking, optimization, analytics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of several platforms, with experience preferred on iOS, Android, and browser based games.
- Demonstrated command of applicable programming languages and knowledge of software design including modularity, event-driven architecture, object-oriented design, extensibility and testability.
- Team player with strong communication skills.
NICE TO HAVE
- Python, Unity / Unreal, C#, Java.
- Proven problem solving skills and the ability to jump on a system and identify its flaws and their solution quickly.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex code problems efficiently.
- Demonstrated experience in building new software technology.
- Self-starter, analytical, creative, highly motivated with a visionary spirit.
- Familiarity with Git, Jenkins, Jira.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion:
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.