Senior Tools Engineer (Web-Based)
San Francisco, CA
Engineering – Engineering
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Competitive compensation packages
100% Company Sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits (Employee-Only & Varies by Plan)
Unlimited Vacation Time
Fully Stocked Kitchens
Monthly Company Happy Hours & Events (ex. Game Nights, Karaoke)
Game Room (Pool, Ping Pong, Video Games and More!!!)
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're looking for a Sr. Web-based Tools Engineer to build tools and pipelines empowering our team to deliver industry leading games and social experiences. You will be working across all disciplines to identify bottlenecks and inefficiency that can be automated or streamlined. You have the opportunity to make a large impact to the entire team and product portfolio. We believe our greatest potential will only be unlocked with a large investment in our existing and new tool chains! Join the team today and make a difference tomorrow!
- Design, deploy and maintain systems that empower content teams to build and iterate on game content.
- Capture and synthesize requirements from multiple game teams on what tools are required.
- Be the champion for efficient content creation and be “customer” focused.
- Hold regular stakeholder meetings to gather feedback on your tools and make changes as required.
- Great communicator - able to talk with content developers at all levels across all disciplines. Some technical others not.
- Above all, energetic people with a desire to learn and collaborate.
- People with a desire to learn how to build large-scale, high-performance, maintainable software.
- Expertise in front-end web development.
- Basic understanding of performance implications of caching, networking, storage, and concurrency.
- Strong background in algorithms and data structures.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or similar experience.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience developing web applications with rich and responsive UI.
- Experience as part of an operations team supporting iPhone or Android applications in a gaming company.
- Experience with real-time server development in any language.
- Familiarity with Python, Django, jQuery, MySQL.
Python, Django, Any Web Framework, jQuery, MySQL, Unix, Mac OSX
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is a leader in mobile entertainment, providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to broad global audiences. Jam City was founded in 2009 by MySpace cofounder and CEO Chris DeWolfe and former 20th Century Fox executive Josh Yguado. Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest grossing and most enduring social gaming franchises for mobile, including Cookie Jam (Facebook “Game of the Year” winner) and Panda Pop. Jam City is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands including Harry Potter, Family Guy and Marvel Avengers. Jam City has studios in Los Angeles (HQ), San Francisco, San Diego, Bogotá and Buenos Aires. The Jam City team is known for its creative excellence and technological innovation in key areas including storytelling, data science and audience insights.