Art – Art /
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent for our talent team in Toronto. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Employer Paid Benefits*
Parental leave and Kin care*
Company Events such as movie night, trivia, game shows & more…
Device Allowance, Professional Development Allowance, App Allowance & More!*
*Only applies to full-time positions.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are currently looking for a Game Artist for our Toronto studio! In this role, your mission is to work collaboratively with the Art team to help create and improve upon the art within our existing and new games. You'll work with a team of artists, who will be your peers. Your art will inspire and be inspired by your team. In addition, you will be working with some of the game industry’s top talent, creating amazing experiences for our players to enjoy!
**In order to be considered, you MUST provide us with either a link to an online portfolio, website, or a pdf showcasing recent artwork upon application.
- Create Concept & Game Art for a variety of projects. Characters, mini-game visualizations, environments, icons, pop-up alerts, and more!
- Work with the Art Lead and team in maintaining the look of a project.
- Demonstrate stylistic uniformity across the game through provided assignments.
- Brainstorm ideas with your team within established guidelines.
- 2+ yrs experience as a Production Artist and/or Concept Artist.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating digital artwork; character art and posing, anatomy, illustration, backgrounds, 3D form, and stylistic agility.
- Self-directed and flexible person who is able to work with tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities to work within a team environment.
- Experience with Photoshop and Vector illustrations.
- Art Degree or equivalent working experience.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience making art for games and/or cartoons.
- Passion for games and virtual worlds.
CHECK OUT LIFE AS A JAM CITIZEN:
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.