Senior Backend Engineer - Bogota
Engineering – Engineering
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Perks & Benefits
Unlimited Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
Flexible work hours
Indefinite contract + benefits
Private health insurance coverage
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
2 Hour mid day play/lunch break
Convenient location in northern Bogotá near 93 Park
Jam City is seeking a motivated, skilled Senior Backend Developer to join our World War Doh game studio in Bogota! We are focused on building an awesome mid core multi player mobile game. If you have a passion for games and have an awesome engineering background, come join us!
- Contribute to a state of the art containerized, micro service architecture for (multiple) gaming backends
- Enabling fast, reliable and consistent user experience by measuring and optimizing the entire technology stack
- Work within the entire scope of a custom, flexible big data/analytics solution with a serverless architecture
- Automating tasks and streamlining processes to easily manage a growing 200+ server farm
- Analyzing and improving efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Writing, reviewing and documenting code in various languages and frameworks
- Debugging the hardest problems, live
- At least 3+ years of professional experience as a Computer Science and/or Software Engineer in a fast-paced, small-mid team environment
- Working knowledge of PHP languages and web technologies (Phalcon framework or any other framework)
- Desirable experience in Elixir/Erlang languages or any other functional programing languages (Optional)
- Strong understanding of Cloud computing technology (AWS)
- Linux, networking and security skills
- Experience measuring, optimizing and automating everything
- Experience building tech that operates at scale
- Passion for the tech industry; interest in emerging technologies
- Experience in gaming (Optional)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated, self-starting individual
- BS in Computer Science and/or Software Engineer (or equivalent)
NICE TO HAVE
- Familiarity with the following technologies: DynamoDB, RedisAWS (EC2, EBS, CloudFront, VPC, S3, EMR, OpsWorks, ElastiCache, Lambda)
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.