Senior Financial Analyst
Culver City, CA
Finance – Finance
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
To perform analytical and reporting tasks, primarily financial in nature, for all Company activities that will assist management, investors, and other key stakeholders in making educated economic decisions about the Company's future.
- Takes ownership of the development, maintenance and analysis of the Company’s annual budgets and rolling forecasts.
- Generate, analyze and communicate monthly business results to key stakeholders of the company through various reports (board of directors, executive team, studio GMs, and department heads).
- Track the company’s actual performance against various forecasts on a vendor or game specific basis. Provide clear and concise variance analyses that describe metrics and other variance drivers
- Maintain Oracle PBCS to drive enterprise-wide planning, budgeting, and forecasting efficiencies and reporting visibility.
- Collaborate with the accounting team to resolve general ledger-related issues as part of the month-end review and monthly reporting process.
- Create detailed OpEx forecast Templates and work with cost center leaders to populate and track against actuals and manage costs.
- Provide support for quarterly and annual audit reviews.
- Provide management with financial analyses related to ongoing M&A deals.
- Create various ad-hoc analyses, models, and reports as needed in all areas of the revenue, cost of sales and marketing.
- Takes the initiative to drive continuous process improvements to improve data quality and automate financial processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Economics from an accredited University.
- 3-5 years working experience as a financial analyst/senior financial analyst and experience working with financial statements.
- Proactive, analytical thinker with the ability to complete tasks on time.
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables and high priority tasks
- Exceptional knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft tools.
- Oracle Essbase/Smartview experience strongly preferred.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Attention to detail and high level of accountability.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and work well with cross-functional groups, including Executive Management.
NICE TO HAVE
- Audit / Big 4
- Fast-paced, technology industry background.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.