Product – Product
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
We are currently looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our Jam City Berlin studio! You will get the opportunity to work with some of gaming’s top talent, while providing cross functional leadership between production and growth.
- Lead a strong live-ops production and aim to create a core franchise. Surprise and delight our growing player base with new features and challenges.
- Employ usage of data analytics, industry knowledge, and gamer's-intuition to design features that bring joy to our users and drive revenue.
- Collaborate with central teams and other studios across the company to share insights and best practices.
- Make sure milestones are met monitored continuously. Be able to react quickly to problems or changes in direction and scope.
- Responsible for asking the right questions and using data that informs game design and balancing with a strong handle of Math and Statistics, supplemented by the use of innovative game technology and competitive analysis.
- Conduct and use in-depth data analysis using internal dashboards to inform product decisions. SQL skills are a plus.
- Explain the big picture -- how the iteration and creation of features will affect other pieces of the game, the game economy, and how it will change user spend behaviors.
- Generates new and innovative approaches to problems, creates product specifications, design documents and white papers.
- Plans, organizes, and schedules, in an efficient, productive manner, focusing on key priorities.
- Set and manage a schedule, deliverables and outcomes.
- Take initiative to identify and solve problems in a self guided way. Never settle for mediocrity and make bolt bets when needed. Follow a bigger vision while paying attention to the details that matter.
- Work closely with the Studio Directors to help carry out vision and strategy.
- Masters degree preferred or equivalent in Math/Stats/Comp Sci or Eng.
- 3+ years of experience as a product management on a relevant free to play game.
- Experience creating product specifications, design documents, and white papers.
- Create case studies and presentations for stakeholders.
- Experienced with live-ops production process management.
- Analytical mindset, recognizing problems and opportunities by using all available information.
- A passion for games, up to date on tech and trends in the mobile games industry.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
NICE TO HAVE
- Data analysis skills using SQL.
- Tableau Dashboard creation and manipulation. Or experience with equivalent systems.
- Knowledgeable in user acquisition and ad monetization.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.