People & Operations – Operations /
Jane is really excited that you’re excited about our first Office Manager role. We’re a remote-first company but for this role, we’re needing someone who can be in our North Vancouver office at least 3 days a week.
There’s more on the role below, but first a bit about us. Building a delighted team who can delight our customers is part of Jane’s DNA, so even though we’re not a strict 9 to 5 environment, we’re working hard to ensure that you also have a life outside of work. We pride ourselves on flexibility & autonomy, and when it comes to decision making, we take a decentralized approach ensuring that our teams' voices aren't just heard, but are acted upon. We're building something special at Jane, and we back that up with an employee stock option plan that ensures that everyone has a chance to share in Jane’s success.
We really want the people who work at Jane to love being here, so it's important that we start off with a bit about what makes our company unique. Here are some specifics about what Jane is all about, and with these, hopefully, you have a better idea if this might be the kind of company you want to be part of.
We’re a North Vancouver-born SaaS company with a distributed remote team across Canada, and our platform is modernizing the world of practice management software. We enable the likes of physiotherapists, mental health counsellors, chiropractors, and other allied health practitioners to run their practices in a digital-first way through features such as online booking, charting, scheduling, secure video, and billing along with an evolving library of features.
Tens of thousands of healthcare practices globally are now running on Jane. In 2021, we processed over 73 million patient appointments, and our scheduling application alone handles more than 40 million API calls per day. Jane is now the number-one choice for Allied Healthcare practitioners in Canada. We’re growing quicker in the US than we were here in Canada 3 years ago, and we’re now helping run clinics in 44 countries.
We’re profitable, product-led, and growing organically to the point where 85% of our customer growth is either from customer referrals or word of mouth. Growth like this is unique, especially in the world of SaaS, and it doesn’t happen by chance. We have a brilliant team of over 380 employees who all do an amazing job of listening to our customers, building what they need, and providing industry-leading support.
Of course, it's not all about the numbers, but this puts into perspective the scale of Jane, from the thousands of practitioners whose lives are made easier each day to the millions of patients receiving treatment. If you’re the type of person excited by this growth, we’d love to speak with you.
So what will you actually be doing? Well, your friends already know you as the maestro of the meticulous when it comes to organizing people and things; so you’ll be totally cool with wearing three different hats at Jane.
What you’ll be doing:
- Hat 1: Jane’s office person - You’ll be the key logistics person for our North Vancouver office, keeping tabs on various kitchen/office supplies, coordinating shipments in and out of the office, and just ensuring the office “works”. Our regular office attendance ranges between 5-15 people because Jane is remote-first and has remote staff across the country. And because of this, we’ll need you to help Jane’s Community Events Specialist with organizing logistics for staff ‘office days’ across Canada that bring our people together. You’ll help make sure that everything is taken care of to make these days a great experience for our staff.
- Hat 2: Jane’s procurement person - With around 375 staff (and growing!), Jane needs help centralizing some of our purchasing. That’s right, we’re going to pay you to buy stuff. We’re regularly ordering new hire swag, books, basic tech gear, and all kinds of other things, and you’ll be the person who gets it done. In addition to procuring stuff, we’ll also need to help us with some of our travel needs. We’ve got a self-serve travel portal for our staff, but that system needs some regular attention, plus not everything can be booked through there. So you’ll help with making these alternative arrangements.
- Hat 3: Jane’s process person - As Jane has grown rapidly over the past few years, we’ve got a ton of processes scattered across the organization that could really benefit from someone to own and coordinate. There are a lot of possibilities here! For example, we could use some help with reviewing expenses related to department gatherings and our ‘office days’ initiative that we mentioned above. And we’d like you to work closely with the Learning and Development Team to help build and manage the process around applying for government support for training and internship reimbursements. Plus there are employee training reimbursements that need to be handled, training dates to be coordinated, and invites for training curriculum to be managed. No shortage of fun stuff here!
To be successful in this role...
- You are a team player who really enjoys collaborating and getting things done on your list!
- You love being organized and are great at it
- You’re clearly going to be comfortable wearing multiple hats since you’ll be coordinating things with different teams at Jane (People Team, Operations, Finance, Marketing)
- You’re also comfortable in a rapidly growing company where processes regularly change and are re-built; you are a fast learner and lover of technology to help make you more efficient
- You have experience setting-up ways to communicate effectively and ensure your internal customers have what they need and are happy
- You love helping others! Our Mission is to Help the Helpers and that doesn’t stop with the customer; we also work hard to help each other be better and supported
- You are a curious & resilient person who loves to learn; you research topics to better understand how to manage your work more efficiently; you don’t stop until you find your answers so you can work independently and get things done.
As well as a great team, you'll have…
- Flexibility around the role: while we’ll expect you to be in the office at least 3 days per week between 9 am and 3 pm, we’re fine with you working the rest of the time around your life.
- An equitable approach to compensation means compensating you for the positive impact you have on our customers, product, and people.
- Jane’s Employee Stock Option Plan. Jane is privately owned, growing very fast and operating profitably. Profitable hyper-growth rarely happens at our scale. When it does, it creates value quickly (it already has for many of our team members).
- A flexible time off package that includes your vacation time, holiday gifted time off for everyone at Jane, and your birthday off (because who wants to work on their birthday?)
- Jane provides extended health care benefits to you and your dependents starting on your very first day. You’ll receive $750 per individual Allied Health discipline along with $2,000 in coverage for Registered Clinical Counsellors, Psychotherapists, Psychologists, and Social Workers.
- A $500 wellness spending account to use towards maintaining your health and wellness in whatever way works best for you.
- Parental top-up that allows Janers to plan for the future.
- Access to eCounselling, primary care, legal and financial counselling, and career coaching.
At Jane, we’re committed to fostering an environment that allows you to come to work as your truest self. We believe it’s important to actively recognize, embrace, and celebrate our differences in order to make Jane an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace.
We want to build a team of people who make conversations rich with perspective and experience. We are committed to listening to every voice in order to learn and grow because doing this will allow us to meet the needs of the diverse community of helpers that Jane serves.
We do not tolerate discrimination, prejudice, or oppressive isms of any kind. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, experience, and the needs of the Jane community. We encourage anyone who requires accommodation or adjustments throughout the interview process to let us know, and we will do our best to support you.