People & Operations – Operations /
Believe it or not, Jane currently has just two full-time IT staff who are supporting our growing organization of 400+ staff. So yes, we’re ready for you to join us! Our IT team’s main goal is that we’re providing the client-side IT tooling that allows Jane staff to help the helpers. We are looking for someone who can combine their technical skillset with patience, ability to prioritize, and also find creative solutions to scale Jane’s internal processes as our team continues to grow. It will also help if you know how to throw down a quality meme at a moment’s notice.
We’re a remote-first company but due to the nature of this role, we’re needing someone who can be in our North Vancouver office at least twice a week. Building a delighted team who can delight our customers is part of Jane’s DNA, so even though we’re not a strict 9 to 5 environment, we’re working hard to ensure that you also have a life outside of work. We pride ourselves on flexibility & autonomy, and when it comes to decision-making, we take a decentralized approach ensuring that our teams' voices aren't just heard, but are acted upon. We're building something special at Jane, and we back that up with an employee stock option plan that ensures that everyone has a chance to share in Jane’s success.
We really want the people who work at Jane to love being here, so it's important that we start with a bit about what makes our company unique and try to be as transparent as possible. Our values also provide some insights into Jane and hopefully, you’ll have a better idea if this might be the kind of company you want to be part of.
Before we were Jane, our Co-Founders were solving problems for their own clinics not realizing that a few years later, this team would grow to support tens of thousands of healthcare practices in more than 60 countries. Our platform is now helping to modernize the world of practice management software. We enable the likes of physiotherapists, mental health counsellors, chiropractors, and other allied health practitioners to run their practices in a digital-first way through features such as online booking, charting, scheduling, telehealth, and billing along with an evolving library of features. You can see more of them here. Although we’ve grown, still to this day, we’re rooted in solving clinics’ problems and making sure we don’t lose sight of Jane’s vision.
We have remained profitable for the past seven years, we’re product-led and growing organically (and responsibly) to the point where 85% of our customer growth is either from customer referrals or word of mouth. Growth like this is unique, especially in the world of SaaS, and it doesn’t happen by chance. We have a brilliant team of over 400 Janers who are doing an amazing job of listening to our customers, building what they need, and providing industry-leading support.
We pride ourselves on flexibility & autonomy, some of our team block out their calendars to pick up their children from school (and this is normal at Jane), and we even have a #kids channel in Slack. We’re not a clock-in clock-out system-type environment. With that being said, we’re not going to paint the picture of a perfect environment either. We’re a company that’s scaling quickly, we have many moving parts, many of us are doing this for the first time and sometimes, we don’t have processes in place or clear views which can require a lot of resourcefulness and a passion for problem-solving.
With all that to say, if you’re looking for an environment where you can grow, stretch yourself, and work with some incredibly talented people on problems that are positively impacting people's lives, Jane could be the place for you.
What you'll be doing:
- Facilitate IT onboarding - You’ll guide cohorts of new Jane staff through computer and software account setup during their first week at Jane. This includes helping folks who've never used a Mac with how to get acquainted with their new device.
- Perform basic IT troubleshooting - All the usual troubleshooting: password requests, account management, software upgrades, computer and accessory troubleshooting.
- Manage our IT equipment - You'll be using our Mobile Device Management tool (Mosyle) to refine the settings that help manage our fleet of Macs. You'll also respond to the needs of the team to create different configurations that meet the needs of different teams. You'll also use Mosyle's information to help ensure that our devices are being kept up-to-date with our security requirements.
- Procure our IT equipment - You'll be working with our Office Manager and IT team to manage our inventory so that we have all the devices in our inventory before we need them.
What we’re looking for from you:
- You have demonstrated great customer service skills and can solve IT problems in a friendly manner.
- You have experience supporting MacOS, MacBook devices, and familiarity with a wide range of technologies and service providers (e.g., we use Google Workspace).
- You have experience implementing new technologies and have proven experience suggesting and establishing ways to improve internal IT processes.
- You have awesome verbal and written communication skills; you’re comfortable facilitating groups and presenting technical topics to non-technical people
Bonus points for:
- Experience with enterprise wifi network management (Ubiquiti Unifi, Cisco Meraki, etc).
- Experience with Mac-based Mobile Device Management (like JAMF or Mosyle).
As well as a great team, you'll have…
- An equitable approach to compensation means compensating you for the positive impact you have on our customers, product, and people.
- Jane’s Employee Stock Option Plan. Jane is privately owned, growing very fast and operating profitably. Profitable hyper-growth rarely happens at our scale. When it does, it creates value quickly (it already has for many of our team members).
- A flexible time off package that includes your vacation time, holiday gifted time off for everyone at Jane, and your birthday off (because who wants to work on their birthday?)
- Jane provides extended health care benefits to you and your dependents starting on your very first day. You’ll receive $750 per individual Allied Health discipline along with $2,000 in coverage for Registered Clinical Counsellors, Psychotherapists, Psychologists, and Social Workers.
- A $500 wellness spending account to use towards maintaining your health and wellness in whatever way works best for you.
- Parental top-up that allows Janers to plan for the future.
- Access to eCounselling, primary care, legal and financial counselling, and career coaching.
At Jane, we’re committed to fostering an environment that allows you to come to work as your truest self. We believe it’s important to actively recognize, embrace, and celebrate our differences in order to make Jane an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace.
We want to build a team of people who make conversations rich with perspective and experience. We are committed to listening to every voice in order to learn and grow because doing this will allow us to meet the needs of the diverse community of helpers that Jane serves.
We do not tolerate discrimination, prejudice, or oppressive isms of any kind. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, experience, and the needs of the Jane community. We encourage anyone who requires accommodation or adjustments throughout the interview process to let us know, and we will do our best to support you.