VP of Product
Menlo Park /
Who We Are:
January AI is a precision health company based in Menlo Park, CA. Founded in 2017 by veteran Silicon Valley business executive, Noosheen Hashemi, and renowned genomicist Mike Snyder, a pioneer in bringing Big Data into personalized medicine, January AI takes a multi-omic approach to (i) understanding the physiology and psychology of the 120 million people on the diabetes spectrum and (ii) developing smart products to help them optimize their blood sugar. By harnessing science, medicine, and machine learning, our technology discovers how diabetes affects people differently and provides specific recommendations to move them to a healthier state.
While multiple technology solutions have appeared in the last decade to address diabetes, innovation has been marginal, making the sector ripe for disruption. We’re leveraging dense data from wearables, smartphones, and digital health; and developed an ontology of 16M food items alongside algorithms like anti-cheat food detection, food recommendations for glycemic load, and 33-hour glucose curve predictions. We also employ social and gamification strategies to keep users engaged with their health and motivated to level up. Together, these tools power our lifestyle intervention programs for improved glucose regulation and metabolic health.
At January AI, we believe that every day is January 1st, that every day is a fresh start. We believe that health isn’t a place you reach, but the simple process of doing just a little better than yesterday. We believe that self-improvement is a team sport. That’s why January AI is creating a community of everyday people building their healthy habits, together. January AI is backed, among others, by Marc Benioff, Jerry Yang and Steve Chen, founders of Salesforce, Yahoo! and YouTube. If you’re ready to join our team and help grow this community, please submit your application following the link provided.
Bring us your vision, your tools, your passion! We are seeking a world class product management professional to build out January AI's product team. The ideal candidate will have extensive consumer health experience; a history of shipping successful products; the analytical abilities to evaluate market opportunities and their potential financial returns; strong technical aptitude; and superior leadership skills. As the VP of product, you will be a key decision maker and leader in guiding the direction of the company from day one.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead, mentor and manage a team of product managers, including recruiting, hiring, and training product managers
- Build incredible teams and processes to deliver products that satisfy the needs of customers
- Lead, define, represent and communicate product strategy to all stakeholders, partnering with CEO & CTO
- Own UX design efforts supporting product iterations (may be external and/or internal)
- Product lifecycle management from concept to launch of the product(s) across all products/product lines
- Identify key trends affecting precision health and consumer health in the next 3, 5, and 10 years
- Own the product roadmap and communicate with C-level staff and other stakeholders.
- Assess product development sprints and enhancement opportunities, as well as monitor product development sprints and evaluate results
- Develop budgets, forecasts, and metrics.
- Define pricing and competitive positioning for each product
- Drive innovative ideas, solutions and products through leadership and decisive action
- Understand the evolving product mix in the marketplace and identify potential strategic partnerships for complementary product offerings
- 10 years’ experience in product management in the healthcare space, preferably working with mobile consumer products at high growth startups
- 5 years’ experience leading and mentoring product managers
- BS in Biology, Computer Science, or related technical discipline; MBA helpful
- Demonstrated track record of success building, shipping, and iterating on high value teams and products within an agile software development environment
- Ability to understand complex business problems and craft effective strategies to tackle them
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely well organized with the ability to balance multiple concurrent priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
- Nice to have: familiarity with ML/AI technologies
We'd love to hear from you!
January is an equal opportunity employer.
We are a diverse team and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This position is located in Menlo Park, CA. Local or West coast-based candidates preferred.
We do not accept third-party solicitation for employment.