VP of Marketing
Menlo Park /
Sales & Marketing /
Who We Are:
January AI is a precision health company based in Menlo Park, CA. Founded in 2017 by veteran Silicon Valley business executive, Noosheen Hashemi, and renowned genomicist Mike Snyder, a pioneer in bringing Big Data into personalized medicine, January AI takes a multi-omic approach to (i) understanding the physiology and psychology of the 120 million people on the diabetes spectrum and (ii) developing smart products to help them optimize their blood sugar. By harnessing science, medicine, and machine learning, our technology discovers how diabetes affects people differently and provides specific recommendations to move them to a healthier state.
While multiple technology solutions have appeared in the last decade to address diabetes, innovation has been marginal, making the sector ripe for disruption. We’re leveraging dense data from wearables, smartphones, and digital health; and developed an ontology of 16M food items alongside algorithms like anti-cheat food detection, food recommendations for glycemic load, and 33-hour glucose curve predictions. We also employ social and gamification strategies to keep users engaged with their health and motivated to level up. Together, these tools power our lifestyle intervention programs for improved glucose regulation and metabolic health.
At January AI, we believe that every day is January 1st, that every day is a fresh start. We believe that health isn’t a place you reach, but the simple process of doing just a little better than yesterday. We believe that self-improvement is a team sport. That’s why January AI is creating a community of everyday people building their healthy habits, together. January AI is backed, among others, by Marc Benioff, Jerry Yang and Steve Chen, founders of Salesforce, Yahoo! and YouTube. If you’re ready to join our team and help grow this community, please submit your application following the link provided.
As the first in-house marketing hire at January AI, you will build out the entire marketing function. This is a ground floor opportunity for a creative self-starter who thrives in entrepreneurial environments.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Build out the marketing function at January AI including digital marketing, product marketing, growth hacking, social media, corporate communications, and PR
- Produce polished and engaging externally facing content, including website content, blog posts, product announcements, newsletters, webinars, conferences, and more
- Develop our SEO and paid marketing strategy
- Lead customer acquisition efforts in both B2B and B2C channels
- Spearhead market research to understand our target markets and competitive landscape
- 5+ years’ experience in marketing, demand generation, or growth hacking at a high growth tech startup
- Highly entrepreneurial and has built successful initiatives from scratch
- Amazing writer and storyteller with the ability to weave data and science into interesting narratives
- Experience managing and maximizing a marketing budget
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to make data driven decisions
- Experience mentoring and training marketers
- Passion for digital health required and experience in digital health preferred
We'd love to hear from you!
January is an equal opportunity employer.
We are a diverse team and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This position is located in Menlo Park, CA. Local or West coast-based candidates preferred.
We do not accept third-party solicitation for employment.