Customer Success Lead
Menlo Park /
Who We Are:
January AI is a precision health company based in Menlo Park, CA. Founded in 2017 by veteran Silicon Valley business executive, Noosheen Hashemi, and renowned genomicist Mike Snyder, a pioneer in bringing Big Data into personalized medicine, January AI takes a multi-omic approach to (i) understanding the physiology and psychology of the 120 million people on the diabetes spectrum and (ii) developing smart products to help them optimize their blood sugar. By harnessing science, medicine, and machine learning, our technology discovers how diabetes affects people differently and provides specific recommendations to move them to a healthier state.
While multiple technology solutions have appeared in the last decade to address diabetes, innovation has been marginal, making the sector ripe for disruption. We’re leveraging dense data from wearables, smartphones, and digital health; and developed an ontology of 16M food items alongside algorithms like anti-cheat food detection, food recommendations for glycemic load, and 33-hour glucose curve predictions. We also employ social and gamification strategies to keep users engaged with their health and motivated to level up. Together, these tools power our lifestyle intervention programs for improved glucose regulation and metabolic health.
At January AI, we believe that every day is January 1st, that every day is a fresh start. We believe that health isn’t a place you reach, but the simple process of doing just a little better than yesterday. We believe that self-improvement is a team sport. That’s why January AI is creating a community of everyday people building their healthy habits, together. January AI is backed, among others, by Marc Benioff, Jerry Yang and Steve Chen, founders of Salesforce, Yahoo! and YouTube. If you’re ready to join our team and help grow this community, please submit your application following the link provided.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about providing our customers with the best customer experience in the world while setting up workflows and tools that allow us to scale our business.
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years’ work experience in a customer-facing customer success or account management role
- 1+ years’ work experience managing a customer-facing team
- Previous experience in a startup, high-growth environments, and comfortable with rapid change
- Proven track record of achieving high levels of customer satisfaction and aligning outcomes to company goals
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to coach and inspire others
- Willingness to get your "hands dirty" and troubleshoot when needed
- Extremely well organized with the ability to balance multiple concurrent priorities
- Ability to think critically and apply logical problem-solving skills to isolate and resolve issues
- Expert knowledge of best practices for using a CRM tool (i.e. Salesforce, Freshdesk, etc)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Deliver outstanding service by solving customer issues efficiently and effectively with empathy
- Communicate both proactively and reactively with customers using channels including email and chat
- Establish, measure, and execute against key success metrics like Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and customer satisfaction
- Develop and maintain the company’s external-facing frequently asked questions and reactive canned responses
- As our customer base grows, hire and lead a team of customer success associates
- Recognize patterns of customer inquiries so that the underlying issues are discovered, documented, and resolved
- Partner with product and engineering to evaluate and optimize the user onboarding experience
- Be the voice of the customer and provide feedback to product, engineering, and clinical teams on how we can better serve our customers
We'd love to hear from you!
January is an equal opportunity employer.
We are a diverse team and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This position is located in Menlo Park, CA. Local or West coast-based candidates preferred.
We do not accept third-party solicitation for employment.