Technical Product Manager
Menlo Park /
Who We Are:
January AI is a precision health company based in Menlo Park, CA. Founded in 2017 by veteran Silicon Valley business executive, Noosheen Hashemi, and renowned genomicist Mike Snyder, a pioneer in bringing Big Data into personalized medicine, January AI takes a multi-omic approach to (i) understanding the physiology and psychology of the 120 million people on the diabetes spectrum and (ii) developing smart products to help them optimize their blood sugar. By harnessing science, medicine, and machine learning, our technology discovers how diabetes affects people differently and provides specific recommendations to move them to a healthier state.
While multiple technology solutions have appeared in the last decade to address diabetes, innovation has been marginal, making the sector ripe for disruption. We’re leveraging dense data from wearables, smartphones, and digital health; and developed an ontology of 16M food items alongside algorithms like anti-cheat food detection, food recommendations for glycemic load, and 33-hour glucose curve predictions. We also employ social and gamification strategies to keep users engaged with their health and motivated to level up. Together, these tools power our lifestyle intervention programs for improved glucose regulation and metabolic health.
At January AI, we believe that every day is January 1st, that every day is a fresh start. We believe that health isn’t a place you reach, but the simple process of doing just a little better than yesterday. We believe that self-improvement is a team sport. That’s why January AI is creating a community of everyday people building their healthy habits, together. January AI is backed, among others, by Marc Benioff, Jerry Yang and Steve Chen, founders of Salesforce, Yahoo! and YouTube. If you’re ready to join our team and help grow this community, please submit your application following the link provided.
As a Technical Product Manager, you will work on gathering product requirements as well as prioritizing, defining, and releasing features. You are a hands-on type of person with a strong technical background who loves working with teams to make things happen and ship great products.
- 3+ years’ experience in product management, ideally in a fast paced startup environment
- A strong technical background, preferably with a STEM undergraduate degree or software engineering experience
- Deep knowledge of Agile software development practices and 3+ years’ experience working in a scrum master capacity with software engineering teams
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to lead diverse teams to ship products on aggressive timelines
- Excellent project management skills including the ability to coordinate complex product development cycles and software development schedules
- Ability to ruthlessly prioritize what is important when deciding between competing priorities
- Nice to have: experience with ML and AI technologies, master’s degree in a technical discipline
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with a software development team in an Agile software development environment to build and release features
- Serve as scrum master, leading meetings such as stand-ups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, release planning, and retrospectives in an efficient manner
- Remove ambiguity and blockers to help the engineering team meet specific sprint goals
- Define and maintain a product roadmap based on business and user needs
- Own backlog of work in JIRA, creating user story and bug tickets as needed
- Create and maintain product documentation, including product requirements, acceptance criteria, and KPIs
We'd love to hear from you!
January is an equal opportunity employer.
We are a diverse team and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This position is located in Menlo Park, CA. Local or West coast-based candidates preferred.
We do not accept third-party solicitation for employment.