Menlo Park /
Who We Are:
January AI is a precision health company based in Menlo Park, CA. Founded in 2017 by veteran Silicon Valley business executive, Noosheen Hashemi, and renowned genomicist Mike Snyder, a pioneer in bringing Big Data into personalized medicine, January AI takes a multi-omic approach to (i) understanding the physiology and psychology of the 120 million people on the diabetes spectrum and (ii) developing smart products to help them optimize their blood sugar. By harnessing science, medicine, and machine learning, our technology discovers how diabetes affects people differently and provides specific recommendations to move them to a healthier state.
While multiple technology solutions have appeared in the last decade to address diabetes, innovation has been marginal, making the sector ripe for disruption. We’re leveraging dense data from wearables, smartphones, and digital health; and developed an ontology of 16M food items alongside algorithms like anti-cheat food detection, food recommendations for glycemic load, and 33-hour glucose curve predictions. We also employ social and gamification strategies to keep users engaged with their health and motivated to level up. Together, these tools power our lifestyle intervention programs for improved glucose regulation and metabolic health.
At January AI, we believe that every day is January 1st, that every day is a fresh start. We believe that health isn’t a place you reach, but the simple process of doing just a little better than yesterday. We believe that self-improvement is a team sport. That’s why January AI is creating a community of everyday people building their healthy habits, together. January AI is backed, among others, by Marc Benioff, Jerry Yang and Steve Chen, founders of Salesforce, Yahoo! and YouTube. If you’re ready to join our team and help grow this community, please submit your application following the link provided.
- BS/MS degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Microbiology or related discipline
- Experience working in an academic or industry research lab is a plus
- Basic knowledge of analytical biochemistry, molecular biology, and microbiology
- Experience with ELISA, mammalian cell culture, DNA/RNA isolation, and qPCR
- Experience with microbiology techniques, electrophoresis, and chromatography is a plus
- Good organizational skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to read and write in English
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal supervision
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform analytical in vitro experiments with human biological fluids
- Run routine protein and nucleic acid quantification
- Culture and maintain mammalian cell lines with subsequent host response assays
- Prepare and report study results for science team weekly meetings with opportunities to present at a company wide level
- Communicate with external research organizations to maintain and develop key collaborations for data production
- Optimize assays for high-throughput applications
- Ensure up-to date routine lab safety, cleanliness, inventory and equipment maintenance
We'd love to hear from you!
January is an equal opportunity employer.
We are a diverse team and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This position is located in Menlo Park, CA. Local or West coast-based candidates preferred.
We do not accept third-party solicitation for employment.