Senior Mobile Applications Developer ( React Native, iOS and Android)
Menlo Park /
Who We Are:
January AI is a precision health company based in Menlo Park, CA. Founded in 2017 by veteran Silicon Valley business executive, Noosheen Hashemi, and renowned genomicist Mike Snyder, a pioneer in bringing Big Data into personalized medicine, January AI takes a multi-omic approach to (i) understanding the physiology and psychology of the 120 million people on the diabetes spectrum and (ii) developing smart products to help them optimize their blood sugar. By harnessing science, medicine, and machine learning, our technology discovers how diabetes affects people differently and provides specific recommendations to move them to a healthier state.
While multiple technology solutions have appeared in the last decade to address diabetes, innovation has been marginal, making the sector ripe for disruption. We’re leveraging dense data from wearables, smartphones, and digital health; and developed an ontology of 16M food items alongside algorithms like anti-cheat food detection, food recommendations for glycemic load, and 33-hour glucose curve predictions. We also employ social and gamification strategies to keep users engaged with their health and motivated to level up. Together, these tools power our lifestyle intervention programs for improved glucose regulation and metabolic health.
At January AI, we believe that every day is January 1st, that every day is a fresh start. We believe that health isn’t a place you reach, but the simple process of doing just a little better than yesterday. We believe that self-improvement is a team sport. That’s why January AI is creating a community of everyday people building their healthy habits, together. January AI is backed, among others, by Marc Benioff, Jerry Yang and Steve Chen, founders of Salesforce, Yahoo! and YouTube. If you’re ready to join our team and help grow this community, please submit your application following the link provided.
We are looking for a rockstar developer with a strong mobile application development background and a passion for quality to build a highly engaging mobile health app. You will learn and grow alongside talented teammates who share your attention to detail and appetite for problem-solving.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with a cross-functional team to define, build, test, and deploy an innovative mobile app (Android/iOS developed with React Native)
- Partner with Product Designers and Product Managers in defining, designing, and building delightful and engaging user experiences
- Provide technical leadership by defining the architecture, design and coding of a high-quality app that excels in usability, scalability, performance, and security
- Coach, develop and grow the architectural skills and domain knowledge of the team
- Actively participate in the agile software development process to ensure timely and successful delivery of valued features to users
- 5+ years of experience building consumer mobile applications: Have shipped Android/iOS apps developed with React Native
- Demonstrated knowledge of how to properly architect mobile applications
- Significant experience managing mobile app development and releasing apps on the Google Play Store and/or App Store Connect
- Hands-on experience with developer tooling (XCode, Android Studio, Simulators etc.), REST APIs and release engineering for mobile platforms
- Able to build software with a focus on quality and testability
- Familiarity with agile development processes
- Ability to work in a dynamic startup environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
We'd love to hear from you!
January is an equal opportunity employer.
We are a diverse team and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This position is located in Menlo Park, CA. Local or West coast-based candidates preferred.
We do not accept third-party solicitation for employment.