Residential Sales Associate - London
Europe – Sales /
The exceptional team at JANUS et Cie, now part of Haworth and the Poltrona Frau Group, serves commercial, hospitality and residential clients with a dedicated focus on design leadership, outstanding quality, and unparalleled service. The company’s namesake—the Roman god JANUS, whose two faces look both forward and back—is the foundation of a unified mission rooted in tradition and heritage, yet equally dedicated to innovative materials and superior craftsmanship. This inspired long-term view is realized through the lens of a unique corporate culture that encourages curiosity, creativity and collaboration in the pursuit of excellence. Acclaimed by the most discriminating designers, architects, and clients throughout the world, the company’s powerful body of work is actualized by a top-of-class team.
Outstanding quality, superior craftsmanship and excellence is paramount at JANUS et Cie and our product reflects our unified mission: rooted in tradition, heritage and craft, yet equally dedicated to innovative materials and progressive engineering. Acclaimed by the most discriminating designers, architects and juried competitions, our powerful body of work has inspired for decades a demand for beautifully imagined furnishings to be used both indoors and out, and has influenced an entire industry in the process.
The continuous development of our brand is supported by what we believe to be our most valuable assets: our people. Enthusiastic experts at the forefront of emerging concepts and industry trends, our company is driven by a culture of creativity, collaboration and curiosity. Our team at JANUS et Cie is comprised of individuals who share a high commitment to personal achievement, who enjoy constantly learning, and whose talents are nurtured and developed through a supportive, energetic workplace with a longstanding position in the luxury furniture market.
JANUS et Cie currently has an opening for a Residential Sales Associate to work out of new Showroom in London which will open in January 2021. Reporting to the Showroom Manager, the Residential Sales Associate will help maintain the showroom and assist other Sales Specialists and clients.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Answer calls, arrange outgoing shipments and receive/process all incoming shipments
- Greet clients and assists them on the floor if a sales rep is not available
- Assist in creative ways of finding new clients
- Pre-qualify and assist new leads via phone and email
- Create informal and formal sales quotes as required by Sales Specialists and Showroom Manager
- Follow up with clients on status of outstanding sales quotes as directed by the sales team
- Ensure all back up sales paperwork is accurate and complete
- Organize and perform mass market mailings and e-blasts in cooperation with Marketing
- Help coordinate special events
- Maintain contacts databases and mailing lists
- Maintain all finish sample and literature inventory levels in the showroom
- Update price lists and post to shared drives
- Handle and track all floor samples and finish samples borrowed from the showroom
- Maintain showroom appearance
- Order office supplies
- Other duties as needed
The ideal candidate will have the following combination of education, experience and skills:
- 2 – 3 years of office administration experience
- Previous sales experience with luxury products is a plus
- Skilled at graciously answering phones and greeting visitors
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated with a sense of urgency to assist the sales team as needed
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft suite of programs (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Qualified candidates for this career position in a growth-oriented and stable company, recognized for quality and brand leadership, are encouraged to apply.
JANUS et Cie is an Equal Opportunity Employer.