Santa Fe Springs, CA /
Cushion Operations – Cushion Operations /
The exceptional team at JANUS et Cie, now part of Haworth and the Poltrona Frau Group, serves commercial, hospitality and residential clients with a dedicated focus on design leadership, outstanding quality, and unparalleled service. The company’s namesake—the Roman god JANUS, whose two faces look both forward and back—is the foundation of a unified mission rooted in tradition and heritage, yet equally dedicated to innovative materials and superior craftsmanship. This inspired long-term view is realized through the lens of a unique corporate culture that encourages curiosity, creativity and collaboration in the pursuit of excellence. Acclaimed by the most discriminating designers, architects, and clients throughout the world, the company’s powerful body of work is actualized by a top-of-class team.
Outstanding quality, superior craftsmanship and excellence is paramount at JANUS et Cie and our product reflects our unified mission: rooted in tradition, heritage and craft, yet equally dedicated to innovative materials and progressive engineering. Acclaimed by the most discriminating designers, architects and juried competitions, our powerful body of work has inspired for decades a demand for beautifully imagined furnishings to be used both indoors and out, and has influenced an entire industry in the process.
The continuous development of our brand is supported by what we believe to be our most valuable assets: our people. Enthusiastic experts at the forefront of emerging concepts and industry trends, our company is driven by a culture of creativity, collaboration and curiosity. Our team at JANUS et Cie is comprised of individuals who share a high commitment to personal achievement, who enjoy constantly learning, and whose talents are nurtured and developed through a supportive, energetic workplace with a longstanding position in the luxury furniture market.
JANUS et Cie currently has an opportunity for a Production Manager to develop and implement manufacturing procedures and processes to improve safety, quality, delivery, cost and employee engagement.
Reporting to the Director of Cushions, the Production Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Promote and maintain a productive and harmonious work environment, ensuring production goals are met in a safe manner with high quality and optimized costs
- Conduct daily/weekly shift communication meetings to review shift performance (safety, productivity, scrap, internal/external customer concerns, 6S)
- Ensure standards for employee performance and product quality are maintained and cost effective procedures and processes are used to maximize production
- Continually evolve manufacturing efficiency and assesses opportunities to reduce costs
- Ensure maintenance schedules are in place and adhered to for all fixed assets
- Provide coaching to aid in employees’ technical skills and personal development
- Work closely with cross-functional business partners to ensure new products are launched on time and on budget
- Lead resolution of all employee, safety, quality, production, and inventory issues
- Ensure all employees follow established safety rules and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Provide technical assistance on new product designs and improvement of current designs
- Other duties as needed.
The ideal candidate will have the following combination of skills and experience:
- B.A./B.S. degree (Engineering or Business major preferred)
- 5+ years management experience within Textile, Upholstery, or Cut and Sew Industry
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Extensive experience in scheduling and shop floor planning
- Strong ability to organize and prioritize actions effectively and perform multiple tasks
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate, resolve conflicts and lead teams
- Demonstrated integrity, flexibility, sound judgment and strong analytical skills
- Proficiency with CAD and ERP systems
- Training/certification and experience in continuous improvement methods (lean, six sigma, Kaizen, etc.)
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft suite of programs (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Must be able to work extended hours and weekends as required.
Qualified candidates for this career position in a growth-oriented and stable company, recognized for quality and brand leadership, are encouraged to apply.
JANUS et Cie is an Equal Opportunity Employer.