Vice President of Sales - Asia/Pacific
Asia – Sales /
The exceptional team at JANUS et Cie, now part of Haworth and the Poltrona Frau Group, serves commercial, hospitality and residential clients with a dedicated focus on design leadership, outstanding quality, and unparalleled service. The company’s namesake—the Roman god JANUS, whose two faces look both forward and back—is the foundation of a unified mission rooted in tradition and heritage, yet equally dedicated to innovative materials and superior craftsmanship. This inspired long-term view is realized through the lens of a unique corporate culture that encourages curiosity, creativity and collaboration in the pursuit of excellence. Acclaimed by the most discriminating designers, architects, and clients throughout the world, the company’s powerful body of work is actualized by a top-of-class team.
Outstanding quality, superior craftsmanship and excellence is paramount at JANUS et Cie and our product reflects our unified mission: rooted in tradition, heritage and craft, yet equally dedicated to innovative materials and progressive engineering. Acclaimed by the most discriminating designers, architects and juried competitions, our powerful body of work has inspired for decades a demand for beautifully imagined furnishings to be used both indoors and out, and has influenced an entire industry in the process.
The continuous development of our brand is supported by what we believe to be our most valuable assets: our people. Enthusiastic experts at the forefront of emerging concepts and industry trends, our company is driven by a culture of creativity, collaboration and curiosity. Our team at JANUS et Cie is comprised of individuals who share a high commitment to personal achievement, who enjoy constantly learning, and whose talents are nurtured and developed through a supportive, energetic workplace with a longstanding position in the luxury furniture market.
The company has an opportunity for a Vice President of Sales for the Asia Pacific region to join our team. Reporting to the President, the Vice President of Sales is responsible for leading all sales and company-owned showroom efforts in the Asia Pacific region. The position is based within the region and near JANUS et Cie’s major markets.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and day-to-day management for the region
- Develop and execute the sales strategy for the region
- Spearhead business development efforts throughout the region, with an emphasis on cultivating new and existing clients
- Develop and manage the annual sales plan and operating budget for the region
- Define, communicate, and direct the strategic growth priorities by sector
- Further develop and build the team to achieve the region’s goals and objectives
- Motivate, cultivate, and mentor a high-performing sales team
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners
- Increase client awareness of all product offerings through client presentations, special events, promotional activities, and marketing outreach
- Represent and manage JANUS et Cie’s presence at relevant conferences, trade shows and major presentations where required
- Keep up to date on current and emerging trends, markets, and competitors
- Partner and collaborate effectively with all functional areas of the business
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement, continuous learning, and collaboration
- Enhance the metrics and reporting tools required to drive improvement and growth
- Review and analyze sales performance against plan to determine effectiveness
- Prepare regional sales reports for the executive team
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree is a plus
- 7+ years of successful sales management in the luxury furnishings industry within the Asia Pacific region
- A hands-on, results-oriented leader able to successfully develop the region to its fullest potential
- Proven ability to develop, implement, and lead successful strategies and tactics to grow sales and increase market share
- A thorough understanding of the luxury furnishings industry in the region, including distribution and purchasing channels, key specifiers, corporate end-users, and competitors
- In-depth knowledge of the key industry players including A&D firms, Purchasing Agents, Brands, and Ownership/Management Groups
- Demonstrated experience building dealer networks across the Asia Pacific region
- A strong track record of talent recognition and development – ﬁnding and building successful multi-sector sales organizations and future leaders
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Ability to work well in a diverse team environment while adhering to high ethical standards
- Proven ability to build strong, effective relationships with external partners and internal stakeholders
- Able to work effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Excellent planning, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Experience with and ability to travel extensively in support of the business
- Fluency in English is required; additional language skills are a plus
Qualified candidates for this career position in a growth-oriented and stable company, recognized for quality and brand leadership, are encouraged to apply.
JANUS et Cie is an Equal Opportunity Employer.