Hospitality & Contract Sales Specialist - U.K. and Ireland
Europe – Sales /
The exceptional team at JANUS et Cie, now part of Haworth and the Poltrona Frau Group, serves commercial, hospitality and residential clients with a dedicated focus on design leadership, outstanding quality, and unparalleled service. The company’s namesake—the Roman god JANUS, whose two faces look both forward and back—is the foundation of a unified mission rooted in tradition and heritage, yet equally dedicated to innovative materials and superior craftsmanship. This inspired long-term view is realized through the lens of a unique corporate culture that encourages curiosity, creativity and collaboration in the pursuit of excellence. Acclaimed by the most discriminating designers, architects, and clients throughout the world, the company’s powerful body of work is actualized by a top-of-class team.
Outstanding quality, superior craftsmanship and excellence is paramount at JANUS et Cie and our product reflects our unified mission: rooted in tradition, heritage and craft, yet equally dedicated to innovative materials and progressive engineering. Acclaimed by the most discriminating designers, architects and juried competitions, our powerful body of work has inspired for decades a demand for beautifully imagined furnishings to be used both indoors and out, and has influenced an entire industry in the process.
The continuous development of our brand is supported by what we believe to be our most valuable assets: our people. Enthusiastic experts at the forefront of emerging concepts and industry trends, our company is driven by a culture of creativity, collaboration and curiosity. Our team at JANUS et Cie is comprised of individuals who share a high commitment to personal achievement, who enjoy constantly learning, and whose talents are nurtured and developed through a supportive, energetic workplace with a longstanding position in the luxury furniture market.
JANUS et Cie currently has an opportunity for a Hospitality & Contract Sales Specialist to drive sales in the U.K. and Ireland.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Sales for EMEA, the Sales Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and yearly sales goals for the U.K. and Ireland
- Develop new business through prospecting, tracking leads and having product specified or converting projects
- Deliver live presentations to both large and small groups, including designers, dealers and end-users
- Service existing corporate business with large direct accounts which will be expanded to specifications driven by dealers, designers, corporate accounts, municipalities and landscape architects
- Visit with current accounts to ensure client satisfaction and growth of business
- Consistently upsell from existing competitor’s quotes and understand crossover products available for quoting from other sector catalogs of JANUS et Cie
- Attend sector specific trade shows
- Work with other JANUS et Cie departments to identify and communicate product and pricing gap opportunities to grow market advantage
- Other duties as needed
The ideal candidate will have the following combination of education, experience and skills:
- 5+ years of successful sales experience working with hospitality & contract designers, dealers and end-users
- Motivated self-starter with hunter mentality combined with a polished image that is in line with the company’s mission and values
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of hospitality & contract furniture industry, including competitors, projects in process and relationships with key influencers and decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft suite of programs (Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Qualified candidates for this career position in a growth-oriented and stable company, recognized for quality and brand leadership, are encouraged to apply.
JANUS et Cie is an Equal Opportunity Employer.