Showroom Manager - London
Europe – Sales /
The exceptional team at JANUS et Cie, now part of Haworth and the Poltrona Frau Group, serves commercial, hospitality and residential clients with a dedicated focus on design leadership, outstanding quality, and unparalleled service. The company’s namesake—the Roman god JANUS, whose two faces look both forward and back—is the foundation of a unified mission rooted in tradition and heritage, yet equally dedicated to innovative materials and superior craftsmanship. This inspired long-term view is realized through the lens of a unique corporate culture that encourages curiosity, creativity and collaboration in the pursuit of excellence. Acclaimed by the most discriminating designers, architects, and clients throughout the world, the company’s powerful body of work is actualized by a top-of-class team.
Outstanding quality, superior craftsmanship and excellence is paramount at JANUS et Cie and our product reflects our unified mission: rooted in tradition, heritage and craft, yet equally dedicated to innovative materials and progressive engineering. Acclaimed by the most discriminating designers, architects and juried competitions, our powerful body of work has inspired for decades a demand for beautifully imagined furnishings to be used both indoors and out, and has influenced an entire industry in the process.
The continuous development of our brand is supported by what we believe to be our most valuable assets: our people. Enthusiastic experts at the forefront of emerging concepts and industry trends, our company is driven by a culture of creativity, collaboration and curiosity. Our team at JANUS et Cie is comprised of individuals who share a high commitment to personal achievement, who enjoy constantly learning, and whose talents are nurtured and developed through a supportive, energetic workplace with a longstanding position in the luxury furniture market.
JANUS et Cie currently has an opportunity for a Showroom Manager to be based out of our new London, which will open in the latter part of 2020. The Showroom will be located on Fulham Road in South Kensington, the center for luxury design. Reporting to the Vice President of Sales - EMEA, the Showroom Manager will oversee all aspects of the showroom including merchandising and managing the residential sales team to target the A&D community in London, other areas of the U.K. and Ireland.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Meet sales goals, organize events and ensure that client relationships are maintained
- Effectively train and develop sales teams
- Build relationships with Interior Designers and Architects in the area
- Ensure proper follow-up with clients
- Conduct on-going product training
- Increase client awareness of all product offerings through client presentations, special events, promotional activities and mailings done in conjunction with suppliers
- Manage visual merchandising so that products are displayed in a tasteful and artistic manner
- Handle all issues related to showroom maintenance/construction coordination
- Effectively manage sampling program and memos
- Develop specific calendar and budget for all showroom mailings and events by calendar year
- Work in conjunction with Marketing on execution of all special events
- Resolve all "operational issues" that arise within the showroom
- Maximize sales growth, by specifier, through relationship marketing and effective account management
- Other duties as needed
The ideal candidate will have the following combination of education, experience and skills:
- 5+ years' sales experience, preferably in the luxury furniture industry
- 5+ years' experience working with interior design and architectural firms; respected relationships with key accounts are valuable to our consideration.
- Hunter type mentality with a successful track record of meeting sales goals
- Polished appearance and professional presentation skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Previous management experience developing sales teams and meeting targets is required
- Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft suite of programs (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Qualified candidates for this career position in a growth-oriented and stable company, recognized for quality and brand leadership, are encouraged to apply.
JANUS et Cie is an Equal Opportunity Employer.